Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    Eureka! Now that I found it, it's kind of a duh!
    The solution to getting the framebuffer to be created promptly is in the bootlocal.sh script. When jivelite was enabled, the modprobe settings were placed at the end of bootlocal.sh after the call to do_rebootstuff.sh, so since they aren't called yet the framebuffer isn't created until after do_rebootstuff is finished in its entirety. Moving the modprobe commands to execute before do_rebootstuff.sh causes the framebuffer to be created and the screen to switch over and the rest of the boot/setup messages are then displayed on the TFT.

I still don't know why slimserver needed to be stopped under the prior circumstances, but moving the modprobe commands to precede do_rebootstuff.sh negates the problem.

Hope this helps others
    Thanks a lot - it really helped me, I'd run into the same problem.
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

no cigar

hi there! I'm trying to use this guide with a 4inch waveshare instead of the 3.5inch, and I'm not sure if is that the problem or what the problem is, but all I get is a white screen in tft, and in the hdmi output "starting jivelite... done" and in yellow letters "trying to mount /dev/sda1. done." "newconfig.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1. done, I also tried to copy the waveshare overlay.dtb to mmcblk0p1 via "winscp" but i don't have permission to paste files over there. what i'm missing? so frustrated

hi noise11,

Quote Originally Posted by noise11 View Post
    hi there! I'm trying to use this guide with a 4inch waveshare instead of the 3.5inch, and I'm not sure if is that the problem or what the problem is, but all I get is a white screen in tft,
    I have read that revision one of the one of the screen boards had this problem. Don't know if it applies to yours or not.

and in the hdmi output "starting jivelite... done" and in yellow letters "trying to mount /dev/sda1. done." "newconfig.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1. done,
    Standard boot messages. No problem here.

I also tried to copy the waveshare overlay.dtb to mmcblk0p1 via "winscp" but i don't have permission to paste files over there. what i'm missing? so frustrated
    mmcblk0p1 is a fat partition so no permission problem possible but mmcblk0p1 is unmounted after pCP has booted. (hint: m1)

List of pCP shortcuts: http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/pcp_aliases.shtml

regards
    Greg

Hi, just checked and the screen is rev.2 and makes sense since i bought it last week, I'll try starting over again today maybe I failed following the guide as it is, I'll appreciate any suggestion.

nevermind

thank you guys, but i just returned this crap lcd to amazon and bought an official 7 inch lcd and a nice bamboo made stand.

thank you guys, but i just returned this crap lcd ...
    The 4" Waveshare display works very well if you follow the instructions of nowhinjing step by step.
    You do not need a waveshare overlay, but you have to load the required fbtft driver so that the display starts up when booting.
    The display is not "crap", you just have to know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    The 4" Waveshare display works very well if you follow the instructions of nowhinjing step by step.
    You do not need a waveshare overlay, but you have to load the required fbtft driver so that the display starts up when booting.
    actually that's what i did in repeat for a whole day, following the guide step by step, and trying again and again, in my book a good product doesnt have to be that hard to make it work, and theres lots of guides and threads over the internet with more frustration than success, in the other hand the raspberry pi 7 inch works out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    and just out of curiosity i tried the raspbian image provided in the mini cd included with the lcd... didn't work lol.

... in the other hand the raspberry pi 7 inch works out of the box.
    Yes and only this display is officially supported by picoreplayer. To get all other displays working is much more difficult and requires some linux knowledge. But I have both the original Waveshare 4 inch display and a china clone called "4 inch rpi display" working well with picoreplayer.
    Therefore, I can only imagine that either your display was broken or you did something wrong.

Hello,

Has anyone successfully configured pCP 3.5.0 for use with the Waveshare 3.5(B) display?

I have no problem with pCP 3.22, but I cannot get the touchscreen to work correctly with pCP 3.5.0, using the same configuration routine. I can run ts_calibrate without a problem, but ts_test doesn't work and neither does the touch control in Jivelite.

When I run ts_test, the initial display is correct, showing the three buttons at the top and the 'cross-in-a-square' target. However, the first tap on the screen makes the target disappear (I think it sends it off the screen) and there is no response to tapping any of the three buttons. The feedback to the ssh terminal shows sane values, I think ľ the co-ordinates are roughly correct for where I tap the screen ľ and there is continuous feedback showing, so the touchscreen remains responsive and ts_test is running.

If I reboot pCP into Jivelite, I see the initial setup display for language selection, but wherever I tap the screen, the language list scrolls one page down, so after two taps I'm at the bottom of the language list. At this point, further taps don't change anything on the display. It isn't possible to complete initial setup of Jivelite.

The calibration results are correctly saved after running ts_calibrate. The problem is not simply a matter of reversing the axes on the touchscreen ľ for example, I can't tap the top left corner to simulate a tap on a different corner.

To sum up:
    - no problem in pCP 3.22;
    - display works correctly in both pCP 3.22 and 3.5.0;
    - touch calibration works correctly in pCP 3.5.0;
    - touch fails when running ts_test or Jivelite.

Any insight is welcome.

Afterthought: is pCP using the calibration for the official RPi screen and ignoring local calibration?

Edit to add:

Now resolved. the default ts.conf (touchscreen library configuration file) changed between pCP 3.22 and 3.5.0. Fix as follows:

1. Edit /usr/local/etc/ts.conf to contain:
      Code:
      module_raw input
      module pthres pmin=1
      module variance delta=30
      module dejitter delta=100
      module linear
    2. To make the changes to ts.conf persistent across reboots, add the following line to the end of /opt/.filetool.lst:
      Code:
      usr/local/etc/ts.conf
    3. Save changes (pCP web UI, Main -> Backup) and reboot (pCP web UI, Main -> Reboot).
    Last edited by mongrel; 2018-05-14 at 01:30. Reason: Resolution
    --
    Nick.