Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    In the past i spended some time to that problem and i cant find a solution. I think there is no way to control the backlight of that cheap displays. The controler chip is direct wired to 5V and has no backlight pin. The hdmi versions of the waveshare displays have a mechanical backlightswitch. For that ones you can found tutorials for switching off the backlight via gpio.
    I've asked the vendor, and he answered:
    Unfortunately, the backlight can't be switchd off, but you can put the display into standby mode in order to reduce power consumption when running on battery power.
    Please have a look at:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ment_Signaling
    I'm far from being an expert, but I suppose that this only applies when the display is used wit an x server?
    Perhaps somebody has more knowledge than me to evaluate this?
    Best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

Also working with 3.22 and Zero W

I just wanted to confirm that this solution is also working with piCorePlayer 3.22 on my pi Zero W, connected to a cheap (8 euro) Chinese version of the waveshare TFT!

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-I...707058182.html

I had to modify some things, but now it's working perfectly with a USB DAC!
    If there's any interest I can share my modified files.

Thanks for helping me to set this up!

Regards, Bart

Any experiences on this TFTs with the first generation Pis?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick31698 View Post
    Any experiences on this TFTs with the first generation Pis?
    The pinout an the touch controller of the linked Chinese display is identical to the Waveshare 3.5 "and 4" displays.
    I believe in China they are cloning their own products.
    So it should work with the tutorial from nowhinjing.
    I have a 4 inch China display identical to the 4 inch from Waveshare in operation on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B.
    The performance is more than enough.
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2018-02-06 at 05:26.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    I have a 4 inch China display identical to the 4 inch from Waveshare in operation on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B.
    The performance is more than enough.
    Great! I have two Pi 1 B lying around here. i always thought of building a fancy WifiAlarm clock. So i think i will give it a try

"How to" - Calibrate an official RPi Display

How do!

I followed the instructions for the getting my Official RPi Display working with the RPi and piCorePlayer. It is working of a fashion, just the precision of the screen, particularly at the edges, is not working.

I looked at the instructions for calibrating (the albeit different) display from here :- http://www.pughx2.com/picore320.html

Name:  TouchScreen Calibrate.PNG
Views: 432
Size:  24.9 KB

and got this error:- ""Open fbdevice: no such file or error""

Response to the Cat command
    tc@Boom2:~/www$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
    N: Name="FT5406 memory based driver"
    P: Phys=
    S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input0
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event0
    B: PROP=2
    B: EV=b
    B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: ABS=2608000 3

I have tried searching for what I assume is a ts_calibrate file that is being invoked - and I can't find it. (Learning linux commands as i go - and Locate did not work for this).

I have no experience here - so I am likely missing something simple.....everything else went really well :-)

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    ... for the getting my Official RPi Display working with the RPi and piCorePlayer ...

For the official 7" RPI Display You have to follow this instruction: link

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    How do!

I followed the instructions for the getting my Official RPi Display working with the RPi and piCorePlayer. It is working of a fashion, just the precision of the screen, particularly at the edges, is not working.

I have no experience here - so I am likely missing something simple.....everything else went really well :-)

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Hi. I notice that you mention the Official RPi Display. When you are using this display you simply need to attach it and then enable Jivelite. This screen is working fine directly "out of the box" with pCP. The touch function is already calibrated.
    So there is really no need for you to mess with these commands and scripts etc.

This is the official screen: https://www.modmypi.com/pis-and-peri...splay-official - and it is the only screen that is officially supported by pCP. Our problem is that it is impossible for us to manage and support all available "third party" screens.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post

This is the official screen: https://www.modmypi.com/pis-and-peri...splay-official - and it is the only screen that is officially supported by pCP. Our problem is that it is impossible for us to manage and support all available "third party" screens.
    Yes, that’s the Display I purchased.

The previous poster linked to a complicated process, but I guess you have it integrated now. Any extensions I need st all? Is joggler the correct selection?

I’m not sure why my touchscreen feels so difficult to use. If there is nothing I can do to calibrate - are other Official Displays showing similar behaviours.?

I’m having to tip toe around it, softly pressing it. And volume button (bottom right) is particularly irksome.

Thanks for your responses.

hi wl1,

All the pCP developers use the "official" Raspberry Pi screen, so you should expect perfect results.

I recommend you restart from scratch.

1. Burn new pCP image on SD card.
    2. Go to [ Tweaks ] > [ Jivelite Setup ] > [ Install ]
    3a. If prompted, expand SD card. (100 MB will be enough, wait till it reboots a couple of times)
    3b. Go to [ Tweaks ] > [ Jivelite Setup ] > [ Install ] (yes again, it didn't install before)

On Jivelite screen:
    4. Select Language
    5. Select Grid Skin (800 x 480) ( or Joggler)

Note: If you select some weird resolution you may end up with unusual results.

People sometimes forget to come back and do Step 3b. I can see the slightly illogical installation process.

regards
    Greg