Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    THANK YOU! I got this working on a GoodTFT 3.5" screen and a Raspberry Pi 3B.

Nevertheless, one thing is for certain. At least my screen is borderline unusable. The FPS are so slow as to be almost useless for practically anything. It makes my original SB Touch look like a far more modern unit.

I guess the only sensible thing to do is to run this on a Raspberry Pi Zero W. A 3B+ is a waste of money :/

i have problem, every thing goes ok, screen is in negative how to change ?

Quote Originally Posted by newbe_Kriss View Post
    i have problem, every thing goes ok, screen is in negative how to change ?
    You may need to slow down the frequency of the display. Link

Jivelite and visualisation does not start

Hi there

I just made a new setup based on (picoreplayer 5.0 and) the advices

http://www.pughx2.com/picore3.html

and post #157.

Unfortunately jivelite does not start. And I am only able seeing the screen if I am plugging the raspi to hdmi but not on the 3.5 TFT. The player itself is working flawlessly. I repeated the setup a several times - but no change.

It would nice if you could help me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRay View Post
    Hi there

I just made a new setup based on (picoreplayer 5.0 and) the advices

http://www.pughx2.com/picore3.html
    Hi,

I also updated my player with Waveshare 3.5" display to the PiCorePlayer version 5.0, so I followed the above instructions step by step and everything runs perfectly.

It is important to give the file jivelite.sh executable rights (chmod 770).
    using winSCP create a file jivelite.sh in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/, MAKE SURE it is executable
    Jivelite autostart is disabled when jivelite is installed with the extension pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz.
    go to the Tweaks page and in the Jivelite section ensure that Set Autostart is set to Yes. Now reboot as requested.
    Maybe one of them is the problem.

Regards
    PiPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Hi,

I also updated my player with Waveshare 3.5" display to the PiCorePlayer version 5.0, so I followed the above instructions step by step and everything runs perfectly.

It is important to give the file jivelite.sh executable rights (chmod 770).

Jivelite autostart is disabled when jivelite is installed with the extension pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz.

Maybe one of them is the problem.

Regards
    PiPlayer
    Jivelite is executable and the autostart is enabled but it does not work. I do not have any idea since I repeated it several times with entire new setups.

Jivelite is executable and the autostart is enabled but it does not work. I do not have any idea since I repeated it several times with entire new setups.
    I now tried to install the 4.1 - with exactly the same issue. It seems to be a 100% reproducable error.

Another two comments - which might help?

- The 3.5 TFT display is working flawlessly. At the end of the boot sequence PcP says "Starting Jivelite...Done." But that's it and I cannot find any jivelite-entry in "sudo ps".
    - The jivelite.sh seems to be located at many different places.
    - /mnt/mmcblk02p2/tce/ - of course cause I placed it there
    - /var/tmp/tcloop/pcp-jivelite/opt/jivelite/bin/ - this is a of course tmp one but it is pointing on the next one
    - /opt/jivelite/bin/ - this one is strange. It looks pretty much different then the one I entered.

could it be that there are inconsistencies which are causing the negative effect? Are there any logfiles helping detecting?

I now tried to install the 4.1 - with exactly the same issue. It seems to be a 100% reproducable error.

Another two comments - which might help?

- The 3.5 TFT display is working flawlessly. At the end of the boot sequence PcP says "Starting Jivelite...Done." But that's it and I cannot find any jivelite-entry in "sudo ps".
    - /var/tmp/tcloop/pcp-jivelite/opt/jivelite/bin/ - this is a of course tmp one but it is pointing on the next one
    - /opt/jivelite/bin/ - this one is strange. It looks pretty much different then the one I entered.

could it be that there are inconsistencies which are causing the negative effect? Are there any logfiles helping detecting?
    Trying:

sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &

works. But: I cannot make it persistent. The modded jivelite.sh has x-rights - but that does not make any difference.

Hi JustRay,

piCorePlayer only supports the "Raspberry Pi official 7" screen" but to make it easier for people attempting to use other screens in the startup script we look for a jivelite.sh in /mnt/mmcblk02p2/tce/ and run that script instead. piCore loop mounts extensions so you will always see the symbolic links.

The one in the /opt/jivelite/bin/ is pCP code for starting jivelite (for the official screen).

Setting up another screen is fairly straight forward, the only issue is that there are so many different screens! Some have the driver imbedded in the kernel, some have drivers available in Linux, some you have to download the driver, and some use the generic driver with 10 or 20 options.

On top of that some generic screens you can use driver(s) that is available in Linux, OR download the driver from at least three different locations, OR use the generic driver.

regards
    Greg

Trying:

sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &

works.
    That's good.
    What happens if you start your jivelite.sh script manually (sudo /mnt/mmcblk02p2/tce/jivelite.sh)?
    If Jivelite does not start then, I think it's a mistake in the startup script.