Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bsergiu View Post
    Hi Mike,

I am glad it helped. Indeed, the command line params supersede the config file. That means, your output setting in the config file does not count if you run it with the script provided per default.
    Ralphy was kind enough to compile the latest version of the shairport-sync, i.e. 3.20, however he did not manage yet to switch to a complete config-based shairport-sync installation. I was asking him also if possible to remove all command line params and introduce the config file by default. I guess this will be there in the near future. In the meanwhile, what you can do is create somewhere a start script which just starts shairport-sync as a daemon, with no other params (caution, I am talking about the shairport-sync executable, not the script under /usr/local/etc/init.d). Secure this script by adding it's filename in the /opt/.filetool.sh and running sudo filetool.sh -b afterwards. Ensure that at startup, the previous shairport-sync is killed and your script is launched. You can do so by adding a command to kill it sudo shairport-sync -k and a commandline to launch your script under /opt/bootlocal.sh. And then, of course, the magic incantation: sudo filetool.sh -b.

I have to say that I have tried this myself with previous versions of piCorePlayer, where I added shairport manually, as it was not there. It should work though with the latest piCoreplayer version, as this is still a standard mechanism.

One more thing: I do not think that you need to start shairport-sync as root in order to work with the config. The point is, that the WebGui starts the script /usr/local/etc/init.d/shairport-sync, which has the command line params and causes your config file settings to be partially ignored (overlapping settings are ignored). When you start it manually by typing shairport-sync, it starts the real executable under /usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync, and since you do not pass all those params as command line, it takes the config file completely into account, and thus your desired output settings. This is why I gave the hint above to start the executable, not the .../init.d/shairport-sync script.

I hope this helps,

Sergiu

PS: @Ralphy: Can you please simply remove the command line params (except the daemon one) from the start script and include the file that Ihave shared? Thanks a lot in advance!
    Sergiu,

I used the User commands facility to implement what you suggested as a temporary workaround until the config file is the default means of configuring shairport-sync.

A User command #1 of 'shairport-sync -k; shairport-sync -d' works for me, killing the default process before starting a 'blank' daemon. For some reason, splitting the commands across two User commands fails but having them both on a single line works.

Obviously, this only works when piCoreplayer is rebooted. Just restarting squeezelite and shairport-sync from the web interface causes the default command line options to be used

Thanks again for your help,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaPsych View Post
    Sergiu,

I used the User commands facility to implement what you suggested as a temporary workaround until the config file is the default means of configuring shairport-sync.

A User command #1 of 'shairport-sync -k; shairport-sync -d' works for me, killing the default process before starting a 'blank' daemon. For some reason, splitting the commands across two User commands fails but having them both on a single line works.

Obviously, this only works when piCoreplayer is rebooted. Just restarting squeezelite and shairport-sync from the web interface causes the default command line options to be used

Thanks again for your help,

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Glad I could help. I guess I am hacking my RPi s too much these days , so I completelly forgot that there are easier ways Thanks for the feedback!

Sergiu

Quote Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
    Yes I have tried a few times to refresh with ctrl + f5.
    Can I do the setting over ssh? So then I don't care if it's only a gui "bug".

Edit: I have also tried with Firefox and Chrome

Ice
    I'm sorry for all your trouble.
    what kind of RPi are you using?

You could try to select "beta" mode from the main page in the bottom of the screen. And then go back to the squeezelite page.
    Steen
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Really enjoying the 3.20 with my Pi2 /Kali / Piano 2.1; even managed to get the DSP functioning.

What are the chances of getting the dual mono capability of the Piano 2.1 added to piCorePlayer? I have been using it now and then with Volumio and it is a subtle but notable improvement, for Volumio at least. Fairly certain piCore would be a very admirable platform for implementing this technique.

Anyone care to endorse this thought?

Quote Originally Posted by bb3ii View Post
    Really enjoying the 3.20 with my Pi2 /Kali / Piano 2.1; even managed to get the DSP functioning.

What are the chances of getting the dual mono capability of the Piano 2.1 added to piCorePlayer? I have been using it now and then with Volumio and it is a subtle but notable improvement, for Volumio at least. Fairly certain piCore would be a very admirable platform for implementing this technique.

Anyone care to endorse this thought?
    This is also my question. The dual mono setting of the Piano 2.1 is - in my opionion - special because of the imaging. The sound is very open. So, I also hope the dual mono setting of the Piano 2.1 will one day be implemented in Picoreplayer.

Pops, glitches and scratches

I performed a lot of tests and finally I am posting the results.

Keep in mind that I am using Rpi\Rpi2\Rpi3 + Raspbian + pure MPD + USB DAC since years and I never experienced any problems, but I was looking to add a touch\LCD display, so i got the official Raspberry 7'' touch LCD and switched to Volumio, RuneAudio, pCP, etc.

With pure MPD, even with very high resolution up to 384 kHz \ 24 bit, the sound was always perfect, then I started to add the LCD \ Touch.
    Of course with pure MPD, even with the LCD, the sound was perfect, but not with pCP :-(

Two main issues with pCP:
    1) the WiFi is unstable and the performance poor with pCP 3.20. With the older 3.11 performances always poor, but at least was stable.
    Even if I avoid using channels 12 and higher, even if thw built in WiFi connects at 54 Mpbs, performances are very poor and at least 5 times worst than with Raspbian. I suppose it is a driver problem.
    Anyway, with the wired Ethernet, pCP sounds perfect.

2) After being sure pCP 3.20 was working very fine with the wired Ethernet, with a fresh SD card just imaged from scratch, I installed Jivelite.
    Now playing any high resolution audio will produce randomic noise (pops, glitches, and scratches) during the playback
    The higher the resolution, the more frequent the noise.
    Increasing the buffer improve very little the performances, but the problem is still present.
    Loading the FLAC \ PCM files from the local SD card or from a USB media makes NO differences versus lodading from the NAS
    Playing with the LCD \ touch during the playback, will produce immediately noise in the audio. For example, if I change the volume
    Anyway, leaving the LCD un-touched, noise is still present. Even controlling the player from the web browser.

Any idea how to work out this problem?
    Any suggestion?

Regards.

It's official...

I switched over from running LMS on my aging ReadyNAS Duo v2 to pCP on a Pi3 (leaving the music files on the NAS). Nearly every step of the scan (incl. artist artwork processing) is about twice as fast as before. Except for the actual scan where most likely network I/O is limiting. The web UI is much snappier. Setup was easy as pie. And it does run some helpers which would fail on the ReadyNAS. Excellent job, guys!

In addition to LMS duties it runs JiveLite using the HD Grid Skin to display information on a spare screen I had sitting around :-)

One question: I decided to set the db memory parameter to "Maximum", expecting the little device to crash during the scan. But it run just fine. zswap seems to be enabled by default now? Or rather not disabled. Because I can't find any trace of it on my Pi.
    Last edited by mherger; 2017-05-11 at 05:04.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

7" touchscreen backlight remains on

I upgraded to PCP 3.20 (audio version) today from 3.11, removing the SD, flashing it in my PC, and setting up from scratch again.
    I have a RPI2 with IQAudio DAC+ and a official 7" touch screen (original version without dimming).
    I have the screensaver set to 'Display off' when the player is off.
    This used to turn the screen and backlight off, but as of the upgrade, the backlight remains on, even though the screen is black.
    Any idea what's changed?
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I found some info here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post882746

Quote Originally Posted by bluetdi View Post
    On the main site under Extensions load from the sourceforge repository:

Title: backlight-4.9.21-pcpAudioCore_v7.tcz
    Description: Kernel display modules
    Version: 4.9.21-pcpAudioCore_v7
    Worked for me.
    Additionally, I had to go to the Settings > PiCorePlayer > Adjust Display Backlight Brightness when Powered Off and set that to 0.
    Last edited by JadeMonkee; 2017-05-11 at 10:31. Reason: Added solution
    2x Squeezebox Classics | 2x Squeezebox Booms | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, IQAudio DAC+, 7" touch screen | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    LMS v7.9.1 running as a Docker in Unraid on a HP MicroServer gen8

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    I'm sorry for all your trouble.
    what kind of RPi are you using?

You could try to select "beta" mode from the main page in the bottom of the screen. And then go back to the squeezelite page.
    Steen
    The beta mode has finally shown all entires of the list. The advanced has only shown a small list.
    I have a RPi 1 Model B Rev2 (with the P5 Header)

Thanks for helping me
    Ice

Quote Originally Posted by JadeMonkee View Post
    I upgraded to PCP 3.20 (audio version) today from 3.11, removing the SD, flashing it in my PC, and setting up from scratch again.
    I have a RPI2 with IQAudio DAC+ and a official 7" touch screen (original version without dimming).
    I have the screensaver set to 'Display off' when the player is off.
    This used to turn the screen and backlight off, but as of the upgrade, the backlight remains on, even though the screen is black.
    Any idea what's changed?
    Thanks.
    There is something going on with a jivelite dependency, seems to be a result of the upgrade from 3.11 to 3.20. I just haven't had time to track it down. Thanks for reporting