Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 118 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1252
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    So GPIO 13/ pin 33 is used to toggle the power. We could use the python scripts to do this, but then we need to install python.......

I'm thinking that SqueezeButtonPi Daemon (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...oders-on-a-RPi) would be perfectly suited for this. It already is setup for monitoring GPIO and could be easily modified to launch a shutdown command. I'll have to look into this.
    Perhaps the audiophonics power button shutdown script could be modified to work with it and only depends on the wiringpi tcz no need for python.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Samba server not working

Hi,

Another plea of help I'm afraid :-( I've been running PCP V3.22 since it was released, and generally I've very happy. Certainly very stable. So very well done!!

I have a Pi 2 B+ connected via ethernet, with fixed IP addr which has the LMS server running, as well as 3 Pi Zero Ws connected into it. My issue concerns Samba. I have it installed and am trying to set up a share and connect into it from a PC, to no avail.

My config is as follows:

Samba is running: <tick>
    Server Name: PIMUSIC
    Server WorkGroup: WORKGROUP
    Share Name: MUSIC
    Share Path: /mnt/USB/Music
    Create File Mode: 0664

The mounted USB stick is formatted NTFS, and the NTFS file system is installed, and I play from it fine. From my Linux PC (Linux Mint 17.3) I can see the server name, but it always times out if I try and connect to it. From a Windows PC (Windows 10) I can get a little further, in that I can see the share name, but that's it. This seems to be the case regardless of whether or not I have a password set-up. I also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Samba without success.

I'm sure that the share path is correct, as that is what's shown in the LMS settings pages, and also I can see this when I SSH into the Pi. I have also tried changing the share path to /, and get the same thing.

I'm pretty sure that this just worked fine when I was using an older version of PCP (though I can't now remember the version number).

Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Regards,
    Toonie.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonie View Post
    Hi,

Another plea of help I'm afraid :-( I've been running PCP V3.22 since it was released, and generally I've very happy. Certainly very stable. So very well done!!

Toonie.
    Yes V3.22 is very stable, been running it at various places around the house with no problems.

With that said, any news on a version bump? The Kernel and Firmware both have progressed quite a bit since last Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonie View Post

The mounted USB stick is formatted NTFS, and the NTFS file system is installed, and I play from it fine. From my Linux PC (Linux Mint 17.3) I can see the server name, but it always times out if I try and connect to it. From a Windows PC (Windows 10) I can get a little further, in that I can see the share name, but that's it. This seems to be the case regardless of whether or not I have a password set-up. I also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Samba without success.
    You have to have a password defined.

Re: Samba server not working

You have to have a password defined.
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

I have tried with a password set first of all (I only tried without, to see if it would make a difference), still without success. Thanks.

Regards,
    Toonie.

Setting the password can be a little confusing.

1) Install Samba
    2) Set server name, workgroup and shared name/directory
    3) Make sure server is running
    4) Set password.

When you connect to the share, you will need to specify the username as "tc" with the password you just set.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardthern View Post
    Yes V3.22 is very stable, been running it at various places around the house with no problems.

With that said, any news on a version bump? The Kernel and Firmware both have progressed quite a bit since last Sept.
    We are all stuck with the Sourceforge issues. I've been working on the new kernel trees since Christmas, but the kernel was only recently stable. We have the new version prepared, but have been unable to do any significant testing. And if we just released as is, you wouldn't be able to download anything anyway.

I will take the time to warn everyone, With the newer kernels, they are increasing the security of nfs and cifs(samba) shares. The kernels will default to using version 3. If your server does not support version 3, then you will explicitly have to state vers=2.0 in the mount options.
    Last edited by paul-; 2018-03-04 at 08:09.

So GPIO 13/ pin 33 is used to toggle the power. We could use the python scripts to do this, but then we need to install python.......
    I'm thinking that SqueezeButtonPi Daemon (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...oders-on-a-RPi) would be perfectly suited for this. It already is setup for monitoring GPIO and could be easily modified to launch a shutdown command. I'll have to look into this.
    It would be nice, thanks in advance.
    Thanks also for linking the SqueezeButtonPi, I didn't know about this project.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Perhaps the audiophonics power button shutdown script could be modified to work with it and only depends on the wiringpi tcz no need for python.
    Thanks for mentioning it. Perhaps it would help to Paul to develop the appropriate tcz package.

May I suggest to merge the relevant posts (#11xx: xx=48,51-54,57,58,63,66,71 till now) into a separate thread titled e.g. like "piCorePlayer on the Pi Desktop (Element14 product) based on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3"? This could perhaps be more visible for other Pi Desktop users seeking info on this unit at this forum...

SourceForge Up ???

We are all stuck with the Sourceforge issues. I've been working on the new kernel trees since Christmas, but the kernel was only recently stable. We have the new version prepared, but have been unable to do any significant testing. And if we just released as is, you wouldn't be able to download anything anyway.

I will take the time to warn everyone, With the newer kernels, they are increasing the security of nfs and cifs(samba) shares. The kernels will default to using version 3. If your server does not support version 3, then you will explicitly have to state vers=2.0 in the mount options.
    Sourceforge appears to be up !!

I just completed a JiveLite update.

As far as a new version of pCp, there are a bunch of us out here who will happily try out a new version and report back.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Got my Picoreplayer back up and running now that sourceforge is back up. Made sure both Simple mixer controls were checked, didn't have the .80 checked before. For now left DSP filter at FIR setting, I'll see what the others do tomorrow. Also got alsa mixer installed, but haven't changed anything from the default flat settings. I think the Picoreplayer Pi 3 model B with hifiberry DAC+ Pro just might be a little more quiet (volume) than the receiver. I'm calling it good for now.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave