Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1252
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The easiest way would be to just burn an image of the card.....
    I'll do that - thanks for the steer. I haven't really got orientated yet to the world of RPi. I understand the rationale of minimising writes to the SD card, but I guess the same can be said of USB sticks so is there best practice for backing up LMS data on a USB stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    You can install Jivelite (The UI) on Raspian its not for total newbs though.
    It seems that the most difficult point is binding jivelite to a 3.5 Elegoo touchscreen on Raspbian. I found a tutorial for the Adafruit 3,5 Inch, but this looks different from mine.
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

piCorePlayer with RPi 3 in-built WiFi

I currently have piCorePlayer running on a Raspberry Pi Version 1 "B". The one where you had to solder on the connector for a DAC (in my case an IQAudio DAC). I am connecting it to my WiFi network using a generic WiFi dongle which works fine provided it is "always on". However, when power is removed and re-applied the pCP does not re-initiate. Even re-booting without the WiFi dongle but connected using ethernet cable does not bring it back to life. However, if I format the SD card and do a fresh write of the IMG file I can get it back up and running again using Ethernet cable. I set up the WiFi again, use the "shut down" button from the main page then place it back in my system and plug it back in. If I do this, the WiFi will restart and the player works.

This did not really matter where it was in my main hi-fi and always on, but I have moved it to a situation where it does get turned off at the wall occasionally. I really do not want to go through the whole write the card and all the settings bit every time this happens (about twice a week currently).

So I am thinking of replacing it with a Raspberry Pi v3 with in-built WiFi. Sound quality is not mission critical in this location either so I might dispense with the DAC and just use the on-board DAC.

Does anybody here have experience of this setup?

Will it reliably restart if power is removed and then put back?

Thanks for any help.
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: A piCorePlayer with two Duets, one no longer in active service.
    Server: Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
    Network: TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
    Livingroom: Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Kitchen: piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.

@ TheLastMan

You might want to read this link for improved SQ of the default output.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=29&t=136445

I don't know if it would work with a rpi1b but does on a rpi3b if you don't want to add a daughter board.

With regard to the OS, I also don't know if it will work with piCorePlayer but it does with LMS and Squeezelite.

Use Gerrelt's excellent blog for the install

http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/

If you have an Android phone you can download a simple SSH App that will allow you to issue the shutdown cmd line instruction before you actually switch it off at the wall. I would imagine that the is also an Apple App.

If you look on the pCP web gui I think you can instruct LMS to wait for the network to be up before starting (this might be causing your problem).
    Try the LMS or Tweaks tab.

Ronnie, in the snowy Midlands

Thanks Ronnie. I actually don't have LMS on this. I have a NAS with LMS, this is purely a player. I imagine it is mainly down to the WiFi and networking issues, so I am looking more for feedback as to whether people have a good experience using piCorePlayer with the iRP3 built in Wi-Fi. In particular whether it will restart if you pull the plug randomly and power it up again.
    Matt

hi Matt,

The symptoms you describe sound really weird. Of course the process you go through is not "normal". Who would use software that works like that?

I assume you are using the latest pCP 3.22.

I suspect a faulty hardware, SD card or RPi. I can't work out a software issue that would cause the situation you describe.

I use the RPi1B so I am sure they work.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
    Thanks Ronnie. I actually don't have LMS on this. I have a NAS with LMS, this is purely a player. I imagine it is mainly down to the WiFi and networking issues, so I am looking more for feedback as to whether people have a good experience using piCorePlayer with the iRP3 built in Wi-Fi. In particular whether it will restart if you pull the plug randomly and power it up again.
    I've just modded a retro radio with a Pi3/HiFiBerry Amp+ using the Pi's built-in WiFi. I've switched it off at the wall say 50-60 times without problem, It's set to play a playlist on boot, it works fine, every time.

From switch on at the wall to hearing music - 28 seconds.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2018-02-12 at 14:09.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I've just modded a retro radio with a Pi3/HiFiBerry Amp+ using the Pi's built-in WiFi. I've switched it off at the wall say 50-60 times without problem, It's set to play a playlist on boot, it works fine, every time.

Sounds retro perfect, even to the point of tube warm-up! ;-)
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Sounds retro perfect, even to the point of tube warm-up! ;-)
    No tubes, it's a reproduction retro radio, the only thing the unit's on/off/volume switch does now is to switch on the tuner dial lights. It sounds a bit mediocre, but SWMBO likes it

Name:  retroradio.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  125.2 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

Just what I need to know. Thanks.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Matt