Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1252

LMS Backup

I'm using pCP only for LMS and it accesses my music on a NAS. I'm wondering how best to recover from a microSD card failure on the RPi, and see that pCP has a "Save to USB" feature that puts the pCP configuration on a connected USB storage, and LMS allows the mounting of a USB to use for the Prefs and Data slimserver folders. Is there a more complete way of backing up my LMS setup to restore it if the microSD card fails? BTW, when I used "Save to USB" and moved the LMS folders to the same USB drive, I then couldn't boot pCP unless I removed the USB stick so presumably there was some interference. pCP did boot without the USB stick, and I used putty to copy the LMS Prefs and Data folders to the microSD card, and that got everything working again.

The easiest way would be to just burn an image of the card.....but

If you put the LMS files on a usb stick, the microsd card will last a very long time. As nothing is written to the card unless you change a setting and then backup. I have systems running 5 years on the same card.

Installing PCP on a Pi running Raspbian Stretch?

Hi,
    Im going to round up my PCP installation at our holiday home tomorow. For several reasons I would like to run LMS and a local player on a Pi3 which I use for some minor home automation tasks. I need to run Raspbian on this Pi, and I was wondering whether there is a way to install PCP on this Pi instead of installing the Rapbian LMS package? I Was thinking of a VM, but as I have no experience in this, I thought that there might be a simpler way?
    I would prefer to have the same system running on all my Pis, and PCP is simply the best
    Thanks & best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

piCorePlayer = piCore + squeezelite

There are other distributions that = Raspbian + squeezelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    piCorePlayer = piCore + squeezelite
    Thanks Greg, Im aware of this (and hope that I didnt touch religious OS areas...).

There are other distributions that = Raspbian + squeezelite.
    I know, Id installed LMS and squeezelite already with Jessie on another pi. But as Im in love with the PCP UI and have it running on seven Pis already, I was hoping to get it running on this particular Pi with Raspbian, too. As TC (in my understandimg) is a kind of reduced subset of Linux, I deduced that Stretch should bring everything to run the PCP engine behind a web server, even if the commands (for example for configuring the sound devices, jivelite etc.) would need some modification.
    Of course, if you tell me that my thoughts are nav, i accept this and go weeping in the corner...
    Best regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by streampunk View Post
    Thanks Greg, Im aware of this (and hope that I didnt touch religious OS areas...).

I know, Id installed LMS and squeezelite already with Jessie on another pi. But as Im in love with the PCP UI and have it running on seven Pis already, I was hoping to get it running on this particular Pi with Raspbian, too. As TC (in my understandimg) is a kind of reduced subset of Linux, I deduced that Stretch should bring everything to run the PCP engine behind a web server, even if the commands (for example for configuring the sound devices, jivelite etc.) would need some modification.
    Of course, if you tell me that my thoughts are nav, i accept this and go weeping in the corner...
    Best regards
    Martin
    You can install Jivelite (The UI) on Raspian its not for total newbs though.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    You can install Jivelite (The UI) on Raspian its not for total newbs though.
    Thanks Jeff, Ill give this a try for sure, but I was referring to the PCP web ui, too (for configuring the sound device, using equalizer presets etc.).

Ok, I had a look at the cgi files and I give up deliberately...

TinyCore/piCore is significantly different from other Linux distributions. The only thing I have seen that is similar is the OS on the SB Touch, Controller etc.

Converting the web interface over to Raspbian would be possible but very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by streampunk View Post
    Ok, I had a look at the cgi files and I give up deliberately...
    Yes all ash shell scripts, not even bash !! We have chosen to use basic tools to keep the image size extremely small.