Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Yes, but that card is not his problem. We will not be releasing another 4.9.y kernel. The next version will use 4.14.y

LMS doesn't mount spun down USB drive on pcp 3.22

Minor one, but fyi ....

I have a 2tb USb drive attached to my rpi3 and use this for my music library. I've set the drive to spin down if it's not in use. Playing music from the drive is fine - it spins up no problem. The one quirk is that if the drive is spn down when I reboot the rip for some reason, the drive doesn't mount. Seems like the mount process isn't waiting long enough for the drive to spin up perhaps.

Pete S

There is no timeout setting for the mount command. What is the error message that you get when mounting (should be in the boot log)

Also, when is the drive detected? Look in dmesg.

Thanks for the dmesg tip - should have looked there myself, but Linux isn't my domain ... There were loads of "found new device" messages - repeating every few seconds. So, addition of dwc_otg.speed=1 tweak and all seems to have settled down now and mount on reboot's working now.

more rpi USB woes. great to hear that its working.

I have a Raspberry pi 3 (on ethernet) connected via HDMI to a Marantz receiver in my guest bedroom that I don't use all too often. It is running piCoreplayer ver 3.22. with full update and ffmpg library installed. Most of the time it plays flawlessly, but I am getting some static and raspy distortion on some tracks. When I play these same tracks on the Squeezebox Touch or Squeezebox Boom, even iTunes I don't hear that distortion/crackling. I've re-ripped the CDs and even used someone else's rips in the event that the issue is from the files.

I don't think that it is the DAC in the receiver causing the problem because when I turn off HDMI on the piCoreplayer I hear the same distortion through the headphone jack. Also, I tried moving the RPi to my living room system and I hear the same distortion. I can try using a USB DAC as I have a DragonFly Black (but I'm not sure if there is an option for that)?

I've swapped out HDMI cables, power supplies (CanaKit), but get the same results. I disconnected the official Rpi screen, shut off jivelite thinking perhaps the screen could be generating some noise.

I've fiddled with the ALSA settings (::32:0, 120:32:0,120:32:1) . Finally, I went to the "Audio Card control" clicked on "0db" which set the output to 96% of max which has reduced the distortion quite a bit, but I need to test it out a bit more as I was getting tired and couldn't trust my ears.
    Mind you , I am only hearing it on a handful of tracks ("White Christmas" by Raul Malo and "Man From Mars" a track on the rare version of the Grace of My Heart soundtrack, some others) but I am curious why there would be a difference between this and what I hear on the SB Touch. I know that there has been some talk here about going into the ALSA Mixer on the Rpi itself, but before I attempt that, is there anything else I can try?

Which power supply do you use? I had very strange crackeling/distorsion issues when using a step-down-converter (24 -> 5 Volts) as well as an 1,5 A USB adaptor. When I changed to a 2,5 A model, all sound issues were gone.
    Best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by streampunk View Post
    Which power supply do you use? I had very strange crackling/distortion issues when using a step-down-converter (24 -> 5 Volts) as well as an 1,5 A USB adaptor. When I changed to a 2,5 A model, all sound issues were gone.
    Best regards
    Martin
    Thanks for the reply!
    I've tried the 2.0amp version and the CanaKit 5V 2.5A Raspberry Pi 3 Power Supply / Adapter / Charger (UL Listed) and NorthPada Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Power Supply Charger AC Adapter 5V 3A PSU Micro USB 5 Feet with Power On / Off Switch

Which specific model did you use?
    Last edited by stereoptic; 2018-01-26 at 08:36.

I use similar ones. The ones you mention shouldn't cause the problems I had.
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by streampunk View Post
    I use similar ones. The ones you mention shouldn't cause the problems I had.
    thanks