Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

picture of the splice

Name:  splice.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  17.2 KB

nothing special - about 8" from base, but that won't matter unless a wire is broken.. Like I said, check insure polarity, cut, solder, shrink over each wire, then bigger shrink over both.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the additional information.

My scenario is identical to what the OP described in the first post.
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

I cannot thank you guys enough - my controller was doing the exact same thing with the flashing lights, not charging etc.bought an extra battery, but no soap..Just ordered the recommended power adapter (Thanks for the ebay link), and I am glad this is such an easy fix ... and thx for the pix

Just to follow up -- the duet is back from the dead - long live squeezebox

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)

This forum is so great...!

For years I've had my dead Duet controller just laying waiting to be thrown away, and then I stumbled on this thread. So I took a chance, cut the old PSU away, spliced a USB cable on, and connected a USB charger, and now it seems to work again! It shows what is playing, and it charges! I am so happy

Thanks guys
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    For years I've had my dead Duet controller just laying waiting to be thrown away, and then I stumbled on this thread. So I took a chance, cut the old PSU away, spliced a USB cable on, and connected a USB charger, and now it seems to work again! It shows what is playing, and it charges! I am so happy

Thanks guys
    Same here! The dead controller was in the box to bring to the recycling point (some day... ), but then I came across this thread.
    Output from the powersupply was 5V, but this collapsed to 4V as soon as the controller was connected. Luckily the box of bits had the exact same power supply from an obsolete Linksys VoIP adapter.
    The cradle can be taken apart: I ripped off the rubber, but you could cut two holes ath the right place, giving access to two torx-screws.. The little PCB is held on with the small black screw.

Now I hope I can revive the receiver, which restarts every few minutes. Maybe that also needs a new power supply.
    Name:  DSC_0107e.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  196.7 KB

Thank you all

Yes, as stated above, this is such a great forum. Thanks to dpotts (above) for the lead to a replacement power supply. I am thinking that the nomenclature, PSM11R-050, is the key to getting the correct power supply.

In my case, the ‘replacement’ power supply had a barrel connector. After snipping it off, I checked that the center (interior) connector was the Red (+) wire. The controller’s cradle wires are White and a ‘shield’ wire, like on a coaxial cable. I spliced the cradle White to the new Red and the cradle ‘shield’ wire to the new Black. It works!

Thanks for the info and the pictures.
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)