Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can't connect to wireless network

I've had my Squeezebox 3 for many, many years. A few days ago we had a power outage. The Squeezebox 3 is connected to a UPS, which I promptly shut down when the power failure started. Today I plugged in my Squeezebox 3 and it when through the usual startup sequence but at the last step I received the message "Can't connect to the wireless network". In the prior step the Squeezebox 3 did identify the correct network name. The wireless network is working properly as evidenced by all the other WiFi units in the house functioning. I've tried a factory reset and I find it troubling that when I enter the WPA password it remains in clear text, Also, I still get the "Can't connect to the wireless network" message. I have no other ideas except unpowering and repowering the Squeezebox and performing the Factory Reset. After all these years I don't want to give up on my old friend. Besides, I don't see anything currently on the market that matches the Squeezebox 3. Any and all advice/suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Try rebooting your WiFi router (just unplug, plug back in). Then try connecting SB3.

I have the same issue with a SB Boom after a power outtage. Boom & SB3 are based on the same hardware/firmware essentials. But no reset is needed, just a router reboot.

Can't connect to wireless network - issue identified, but no solved

It appears that the problem is more technical than I can resolve on my own. I've pinpointed the issue to lie with my Netgear ORBI Mesh Router system. I strongly suspect the cause is the recent big firmware update issued by ORBI. My wifi network consists of an Netgear RBK50 Base Station and two RBS50 Satellite units. My Squeezebox is located about five feet from the Base Station (RBK 50) and the two Satellites are located some distance away on another floor of the house. I discovered if I locate the Squeezebox near either of the two Satellites it connects quickly without issue. Bringing the Squeezebox back near the Base Station results in the failure to connect. I did not have any problem until I performed the latest Firmware update. Oddly enough, I have no problem connecting my main computer my laptop or my Grace Mondo WiFi radio to the Base Station as well as the Satellites.

Any thoughts on what could causing the problem? I'm stumped.

Can't connect to wireless netwrok - Issue Identified and SOLVED!

Quote Originally Posted by HenrykGorecki View Post
    It appears that the problem is more technical than I can resolve on my own. I've pinpointed the issue to lie with my Netgear ORBI Mesh Router system. I strongly suspect the cause is the recent big firmware update issued by ORBI. My wifi network consists of an Netgear RBK50 Base Station and two RBS50 Satellite units. My Squeezebox is located about five feet from the Base Station (RBK 50) and the two Satellites are located some distance away on another floor of the house. I discovered if I locate the Squeezebox near either of the two Satellites it connects quickly without issue. Bringing the Squeezebox back near the Base Station results in the failure to connect. I did not have any problem until I performed the latest Firmware update. Oddly enough, I have no problem connecting my main computer my laptop or my Grace Mondo WiFi radio to the Base Station as well as the Satellites.

Any thoughts on what could causing the problem? I'm stumped.
    Profound thanks to toby10!

Before I embarked on the challenging task trying to contact Netgear I decided to power down both my Router and ORBI Base Station. To my delight and amazement that resolved the problem. Seems I never learn to try the simple solutions first.

TOBY10 you're my hero/heroine.