Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    egd

Useful mp3tag actions

I've found mp3tag invaluable for dealing with tag editing and automated mass processing of tag info in my FLAC library.

Given I've found it so useful I thought I'd share some actions I've either written or copied from elsewhere and find myself using often. Some are specific to tagging the way SqueezeCenter likes so hopefully others find them useful too. Please post any others you find useful.

If you're running XP you'll find them in C:\Documents and Settings\<usdername>\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\actions\

Remember to rename them, removing the .txt at the end.

egd
    Some more...
    Last edited by egd; 2008-09-10 at 06:41.

Fair play egd.

I'm just learning how to use MP3Tag and have thousands of poorly tagged files I need to standardize (both foldername/filename and tags). Looking at your files I think I can guess they are used for importing into MP3Tag and getting it to apply those actions to the tracks, but can you help me better understand what these do and how to use them? Thanks.

egd
    Artist, The -- The Artist.mta - Changes "Artist, The" to "The Artist"
    COMPILATION=0.mta - Adds COMPILATION=0 and ALBUMARTIST=artist tags
    COMPILATION=1.mta - Adds COMPILATION=1 and ALBUMARTIST="Various Artists" tags
    Remove extra spaces.mta - Removes extra spaces in all tags and file/folder names
    Rename Folder to AlbumArtist - Album.mta - renames the folder containing the highlighted files to whatever values are in the ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM tags
    Replace in ARTIST and with &.mta - replaces "and" with "&" in the ARTIST tag
    Split Artists.mta - converts "artist 1, artist 2" to "Artist 1\\Artist 2" in the artist tag. To have mp3tag convert that to multiple ARTIST tags, right-click on selected folders, choose Extended and click on OK
    Split Styles, Moods and Themes Tags.mta - same as abovementioned
    Format Case of Artist, Album & Titles.mta - Firstlettercaps, excepting keywords
    Extract SubString to Right of delimiter.mta - Takes a string containing a delimiter ":" and returns all text to the right of the delimiter
    Last edited by egd; 2008-09-10 at 06:43.

egd
    Quote Originally Posted by OhPinchy View Post
    Fair play egd.

I'm just learning how to use MP3Tag and have thousands of poorly tagged files I need to standardize (both foldername/filename and tags). Looking at your files I think I can guess they are used for importing into MP3Tag and getting it to apply those actions to the tracks, but can you help me better understand what these do and how to use them? Thanks.
    Have a look at the help file under Actions.

egd: Looks like good stuff. You don't happen to have an action that creates a "Lastname, Firstname" ARTISTSORT field based on a "Firstname Lastname" ARTIST field would you?

egd
    Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    egd: Looks like good stuff. You don't happen to have an action that creates a "Lastname, Firstname" ARTISTSORT field based on a "Firstname Lastname" ARTIST field would you?
    See attached. It creates ARTISTSORT using the contents of ARTIST and then swaps the words. If you want to use ALBUMARTIST instead, change %artist% to %albumartist%.
    Last edited by egd; 2008-09-01 at 00:09.

Google images search action?

Is it possible to create an action that automatically launches a google image search for "Artist Album"?
    Louis
    Last.fm

egd
    Quote Originally Posted by lrossouw View Post
    Is it possible to create an action that automatically launches a google image search for "Artist Album"?
    Nie sover ek weet nie, maar dit is dalk moontlik.

There are numerous tools that automate trawling through your collection and downloading artwork. Search this forum and you should find references to the better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by egd View Post
    See attached. It creates ARTISTSORT using the contents of ARTIST and then swaps the words. If you want to use ALBUMARTIST instead, change %artist% to %albumartist%.
    Great, thanks.