Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Simply using JSON (in Python or in Shell scripts) is way easier, but the info is much harder to find..

In Python, for more complicated stuff, I use Request.
    Hi @jeroen2,

I am trying to setup volume control using JSON in Python 3.9 (with requests.post) and encountering errors as below. Could you please share a full sample python program for JSON post ?

urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

Quote Originally Posted by sh1ntomi View Post
    Hi @jeroen2,

I am trying to setup volume control using JSON in Python 3.9 (with requests.post) and encountering errors as below. Could you please share a full sample python program for JSON post ?

urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
    I haven't tried using Python for volume, but I do have one setup where the remote (through Lirc) sends JSON to the server through a bash script to set the volume. So in principle I would think that setting volume through JSON should work. :-)

Did you try using Curl on the command line to check the JSON?
    Code:
    curl -X POST -d '"$command"' "$LMSIP":9000/jsonrpc.js"
    (where $command is the JSON data, and $LMSip is the address of the server)

An example of the full python code would be this:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env python

import requests

# ----------configure players and set base values
    ServerLMS = 'http://314.local:9000/jsonrpc.js'
    PlayersOn =  ["xx:xx:xx:xx","xx:xx:xx:xx","xx:xx:xx:xx"]

for EachPlayer in PlayersOn:
    	try:
    		data = '{ "id": 1, "method": "slim.request", "params":["'+EachPlayer+'", ["power", 1]]}'
    		requests.post(ServerLMS, data=data)
    	except:
    Where replacing ["power", 1] with something like ["mixer", "volume", 70] should work to set the volume.

As an alternative, when your script is running on the same Pi that runs the player, you could just use the command line shortcuts. ("pcp up", "pcp down") through os.system?