Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

no more access to WU

Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api

No more access to Weather Underground data via their API as of 3-28-19. So Super Time / Date screensaver no longer works for weather, it would seem.

Anyone have suggestions? i REALLY liked having local temperature displayed on the Squeezebox when it was off. Is there another plugin that works that will display temperature?
    Yuppers, no more access even for PWS uploaders.

My Squeezeboxes froze on Monday, 3/25/2019. My understanding is they were rolling out the deletions of the old API keys over the last few weeks and then finally turned everything off. I'd been holding off a reboot of my server for several months so because I was afraid it would not reconnect. I did a reboot on Tuesday and it stalled on a file system check so my weather station was offline for several hours until I figured out the problem. I'm tempted to turn off the upload to WU but I'm still able to confirm my uploads via the web page but they changed the website as well and it's pretty buggy still.

I am not aware of any other plugins that will work so I am pretty bummed. I upload to CWOP but I haven't been able to figure out how to download just current conditions, seems API via FindU will only return a fairly large set of past measurements so I really don't want to query every few minutes.

There is a service that can replace this.....

https://weather4sb.my-sb.rocks/

They have a subscription service, 3 euro a year, that enables weather data to be output into an image file on their server that you can use with the "image viewer" screensaver option in SB Touch, SB Radio and the SB Duet controller. Nothing offered for the older vacuum-fluorescent squeezeboxes, though. I wrote the developer and asked if there would ever be a way to use the service with the RSS news ticker feed plugin.... which could work if he wrote the code I guess. Which I don't see any incentive for him to do.

I actually bought a used SB Touch off eBay to replace the old SB ver #1 that I use via Ethernet to feed my main room A/V system ( I use the SPDIF output into my gear ...) So my original very first SB, which has served me faithfully lo these many years will be placed in mothballs....

cool weather screensaver

https://weather4sb.my-sb.rocks/

They have a subscription service, 3 euro a year, that enables weather data to be output into an image file on their server that you can use with the "image viewer" screensaver option in SB Touch, SB Radio and the SB Duet controller. Nothing offered for the older vacuum-fluorescent squeezeboxes, though. I wrote the developer and asked if there would ever be a way to use the service with the RSS news ticker feed plugin.... which could work if he wrote the code I guess. Which I don't see any incentive for him to do.

I actually bought a used SB Touch off eBay to replace the old SB ver #1 that I use via Ethernet to feed my main room A/V system ( I use the SPDIF output into my gear ...) So my original very first SB, which has served me faithfully lo these many years will be placed in mothballs....
    Now that looks very cool. How does it work? You get an account on their website and configure your location and then configure the screen saver to pull the updated image periodically?

If I had one of the supported players I'd pay for it but I had been using the SB3 I got as a gift years ago and when it died I replaced it and got an extra from ebay. I wonder if your subscription was being used to pay for a premium WU account or was it just accessing the data for free which is probably why IBM decided to cut out the free access.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api

No more access to Weather Underground data via their API as of 3-28-19. So Super Time / Date screensaver no longer works for weather, it would seem.

Anyone have suggestions? i REALLY liked having local temperature displayed on the Squeezebox when it was off. Is there another plugin that works that will display temperature?
    There still is the original SDT Plugin maintained by BoomX2. Have a look in the 3D Party Software Forum for how to get it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    There still is the original SDT Plugin maintained by BoomX2. Have a look in the 3D Party Software Forum for how to get it installed.
    I have the SDT Plugin. It no longer works because it relied on weather data provided by Weather Underground via the Weather Underground API. Weather Underground has discontinued this API, so the SDT Plugin has nowhere to obtain weather data.

IMHO you used the WU-Version forked by tcutting. The original version uses weather.com and is still working fine.
    Since Iĺm tapatalking I canĺt provide a link easily.

Ah, the older version. Trying to find it.... so far all I've found is the Weather Underground version.

I'm not finding any repository or website "BoomX2" where I could get this plugin. Still searching....

OK this is supposedly the repository where this version lives... doesn't seem to work when I added the URL to my server, just shows an empty repository.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt...files/repo.xml

I manually downloaded the latest from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt-weather-com/ now I am trying to remember how to manually install a plugin. Been so long. I'm sure I'll figure it out shortly.
    Last edited by milosz; 2019-03-28 at 23:31.

Ah, the older version. Trying to find it.... so far all I've found is the Weather Underground version.

I'm not finding any repository or website "BoomX2" where I could get this plugin. Still searching....

OK this is supposedly the repository where this version lives... doesn't seem to work when I added the URL to my server, just shows an empty repository.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt...files/repo.xml

I manually downloaded the latest from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt-weather-com/ now I am trying to remember how to manually install a plugin. Been so long. I'm sure I'll figure it out shortly.
    I found if I uninstalled the WU version, then the old version showed up in the repository labeled "SuperDateTime weather.com Version Repository"

Quote Originally Posted by petersw View Post
    I found if I uninstalled the WU version, then the old version showed up in the repository labeled "SuperDateTime weather.com Version Repository"
    Yes. One has to delete tcuttings Repo and deactivate his plugin. Then, after entering BoomX2s Repo, the older version should appear.

And better yet, in BOOMX2's weather.com version there is an option to enter a Weather Underground PWS in the settings. No API needed. See screen shot. Nice!

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.49.50 AM.png
Views: 149
Size:  87.4 KB