Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    ah thats sad - thanks for the info about pinkdot. hope he is well.
    did the 7.9.1-166 work even vor dsd files and for 24/192 flac files? that was the reason for heaving pinkdots Versions in former times.

I have the same question regarding DSD.
    What should I do to play native DSD (not DoP) throught USB out of SBT? The last 7.9.1 beta and DSDplay have installed. DoP is not supported by the DAC.

Synology 7.9.1 packages

Quote Originally Posted by Guenni007 View Post
    did the 7.9.1-166 work even vor dsd files and for 24/192 flac files? that was the reason for heaving pinkdots Versions in former times.
    Playing DSD files was the single one reason why I installed LMS 7.9.1, and the 166 beta runs stable here, including DSD and hi-res PCM.

Michael said there are some issues with 7.9.1-166, but I’m not sure about their impact. He wanted to address them to Synology, I think.
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-12-02 at 18:51.
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Playing DSD files was the single one reason why I installed LMS 7.9.1, and the 166 beta runs stable here, including DSD and hi-res PCM.

Michael said there are some issues with 7.9.1-166, but I’m not sure about their impact. He wanted to address them to Synology, I think.
    Could you give step by step instruction, how to play native DSD throught the USB out?

Quote Originally Posted by AleSlo View Post
    Could you give step by step instruction, how to play native DSD throught the USB out?
    I don’t have an SBT, nor a DSD capable dac, yet.

Read this thread or ask there, that’s where the experts are:

LMS 7.9 and DSD
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...MS-7-9-and-DSD
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-12-03 at 09:57.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    I don’t have an SBT, nor a DSD capable dac, yet.
    Thank you for the prompt reply. That mean you convert DSD to PCM in LMS on Synology. Is it correct? Could you explay me how to do it? It is not working in my case. LMS 7.9.1.beta on 214play with DSDplay plugin.
    The link is not working as it is tapa talk. Is it Synology or slimdevices forum?

Thank you for the prompt reply. That mean you convert DSD to PCM in LMS on Synology. Is it correct? Could you explay me how to do it? It is not working in my case. LMS 7.9.1.beta on 214play with DSDplay plugin.
    The link is not working as it is tapa talk. Is it Synology or slimdevices forum?
    Sorry, just fixed the link.
    Yes, I'm transcoding on the fly, DSD to PCM to my SBR and UPnP Media Renderers. Which is not exactly what you want, as your goal needs to be DSD natively forever until final output by your DSD compatible dac.

I just checked on Synology for your architecture:
    Code:
    DS214play
    Intel Atom CE5335
    Dual Core
    Threads 4
    FPU Yes
    Evansport
    DDR3 1 GB
    I thought that a DiskStation with Intel CPU should work fine for DSD (other than my DS216play which is ARM-based) however I'm not sure if this is valid for the Synology x14 Series.

Steps would be
    1. install 7.9.1 and confirm on LMS information page it is running Audio::Scan 0.95
    2. install DSDPlayer and configure it for each player on the players tab
    3. go to advanced settings "File Types" and check that DSDPlayer is used to transcode or play native DSD
    4. test and optimise

Head over to the DSD thread above for further research and ask the experts there. You need to exactly describe what you have done and how LMS or the Plugin is behaving, e.g. by providing a screenshot.
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-12-03 at 10:27.

It seams that only DoP is supported for native DSD. In my case Synology can not convert DSD to PCM, I think.

It seams that only DoP is supported for native DSD. In my case Synology can not convert DSD to PCM, I think.
    If you don’t get any settings for transcoding on the Player’s DSDPlayer settings, most likely your Synology’s sox binary does not support DSD.

On request, I stored the DSD Player plugin on gdrive:
    DSDPlayer-linux-v1.02.zip

!Note: this is for x86_64 nas only!
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Mopidy), Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i