IMPORTANT: Stop forwarding your LMS ports to the internet!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff07971
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by oyvindo
    I don't see how it is possible to have a SqueezeBox Duet connect through a VPN ?
    VPNs fall into 4 main types: personal, remote access, mobile, and site-to-site. In this guide, you'll find out how each VPN type works and when to use them.
    sigpic
    Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• oyvindo
      • Aug 2008

Well, thanks for the links, but as far as I know, since it is impossible to install and run a VPN client on a Duet box, the only way to make it work is to use a site-to-site VPN connection, meaning the whole remote net becomes a part of the other network. That's not desirable. Perhaps using a VLAN configuration could work, but that's not trivial to set up.
      QNAP TS-453Be 4x3TB RAID5 QNAP TS-251 2x3TB RAID0 QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0 QNAP TS-453Mini 2x1TB Raid 10
      LMS running in Docker Madsonic running in Docker Guacamole QPGK R&D and Test server
      Home Assistant running in Docker Node-Red running in Docker RainLoop QPKG
      Pi-Hole running in Docker Bastillion running in Docker DeConz running in Docker w/ConBee II
      Mosquitto MQTT running in Docker

Comment

• Jeff07971
        • Aug 2011

Well, thanks for the links, but as far as I know, since it is impossible to install and run a VPN client on a Duet box, the only way to make it work is to use a site-to-site VPN connection, meaning the whole remote net becomes a part of the other network. That's not desirable. Perhaps using a VLAN configuration could work, but that's not trivial to set up.
        You can limit what goes to or from a network on a site to site VPN so not they're not "Part of the other network"

You can use a Pi to be a VPN client for a Remote Access VPN and forward to/from the Duet

I expect there are other ways but I have only used these two ways for SB Hardware (I built a client into a Picoplayer as well)

Jeff
        Last edited by Jeff07971; 2024-03-17, 21:06.
        sigpic
        Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• gordonb3
          • Dec 2020

The effort required is in direct relation to the amount of demands.

Comment

Working...