Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    I thought the only choices were black or silver? Are there more options than that?
    no.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I like the black one. If you're handy you could replace the handles with black Allen screws but I decided to leave the handles. Especially since I've got the knob in the front that sticks out.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksander View Post
    It's not really glossy, but more like "brushed" metal. And the problem with brushed metal is that if you'll touch it, the oil from your fingers gets into those micro-grooves in the metal and it's very hard to remove/wipe away. See picture attached. You can also see the dust partially wiped, in front of MiniDSP that sits on top of Transporter.
    I opened up my black Transporter today to adjust the attenuation inside. I also removed the display to fix (successfully) one of the buttons which was more recessed then the others.

Anyway, the point of bringing this up is I was sweating like a pig and my hands were all over the cover trying to get it back on, which was the hardest part. When all said and done there wasn't one fingerprint or smudge on the unit.

I thought the only choices were black or silver? Are there more options than that?
    There are actually five variations of the SE.

1) All Black
    2) All Silver with Silver Buttons
    3) All Silver with Black Buttons
    4) Silver Face with Silver buttons
    5) Silver Face with Black buttons

My favs are #1 and #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post

1) All Black

My favs are #1 and #4.
    Aha! Interesting. I didn't realize that. I have one of the original Transporters in all black with the knob (still in use) and a new in box all black (without the knob).
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

1) All Black

My favs are #1 and #4.
    Oh dear me, why did they do that?

Personally I'm not keen on the look of the blanking plate where the knob was, but the chances of finding an original Transporter in the UK seem remote.

Oh dear me, why did they do that?

Personally I'm not keen on the look of the blanking plate where the knob was, but the chances of finding an original Transporter in the UK seem remote.
    They ran out of parts that's why. But the same seller is also still selling the original version with the knob, but they're a lot more expensive and not worth it in my opinion.

They ran out of parts that's why. But the same seller is also still selling the original version with the knob, but they're a lot more expensive and not worth it in my opinion.
    yep, ran out of knobs. I used the knob for the first day just playing around after I setup my original Transporter, a bit over 10 years ago, and have never used it since. It does look more "complete" for sure, but the knob is not actually needed.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I like the black one. If you're handy you could replace the handles with black Allen screws but I decided to leave the handles. Especially since I've got the knob in the front that sticks out.
    Yes, you're right on both fronts.

A) Black screws instead of the bars look nicer on the SE version.
    B) Black screws would not look good on the original knob version.

If anyone is interested I can post the exact type of screws that will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Aha! Interesting. I didn't realize that. I have one of the original Transporters in all black with the knob (still in use) and a new in box all black (without the knob).
    I could have sworn you told me the backup you purchased had the silver face (black body) with silver buttons. Maybe that was someone else.

I too bought a backup SE (all black like my original SE) but I kind of regret getting the same color.