Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sentimentality?

Apart from my laptop, my NAS, my DAC & my headphones, all my stuff dates from the noughties. And that extends to my car (2002) & my DSLR camera gear - & even my full HD 3D TV & 3D Twin Freeview HD HDD & Blu-ray recorder (I have just had to buy a new Blu-ray drive for that, but I have recorded a LOT of HD movies on BD-R discs so I can't really complain about that) as well.

I think I must be getting nostalgically whimsical as I get older, the advantages of more recent stuff just don't appear to be getting through to me . Or am I just resistant to marketing hype?

Dave

Stock of unused Transporter SE's from "onlyonedeal" on eBay.com exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Earring View Post
    ... it is the other eBay seller "onlyonedeal" that I got my 2 units from & have the inside line on.

They also have "adjusted" their stock levels in the past but AFAIK have never waited until they got down to 2 units left before doing so which makes me suspect that this time they are really getting low. They led the price reduction round on eBay earlier this year (reduction of $150 in asking price) & have been accepting offers for most of their recent sales which looks to me as though they have made their turn on the end-of-line stock they bought in bulk from Logitech & appear to be wrapping up the protracted process of retailing them one-by-one.

As mentioned, I would suggest anyone considering making an offer gets in touch with me by PM first...
    Hi all!

As predicted, this vendor has now sold all their units.

You're on your own now!

Dave

The seller (Hotdogtec) does this when he goes on vacation. He doesn't want to take down his auctions so he inflates the price so no one buys. All his inventory (even a mouse) is currently like this and it's the 3rd time he's done this in two years.

Trust me, in a week or so it will be back to "normal" price. A lot of sellers on ebay do this.

BTW, you'll notice a lot of people are going to suddenly inflate the price of their used Transporters. This happened the last time Hotdogtec went away.

This was my email to him last year...

Name:  hotdogtec.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  69.9 KB

hotdogtec is back. (With normal prices)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    hotdogtec is back. (With normal prices)
    Thanks!

A "NEW IN BOX Logitech Transporter SE Network Music Player (Without Transnav Knob)" is now on it's way to my home!
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

hi there,

Always have dreamt to get an original Transporter (not the SE one)... I have just bought a second hand 7yo Transporter for 450 EUR. It should arrive soon home.

Now, is this expensive and will it worth its price?

I currently have a Touch linked digitally to a Cambridge Audio DAC linked analog to my amp.
    Am I upgrading my system? Will I hear a difference hooking the Transporter to my Amp via analog cables?

Thx for your feedback!
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios --- Ipeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.0 - 1588799628 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    hi there,

Always have dreamt to get an original Transporter (not the SE one)... I have just bought a second hand 7yo Transporter for 450 EUR. It should arrive soon home.

Now, is this expensive and will it worth its price?

I currently have a Touch linked digitally to a Cambridge Audio DAC linked analog to my amp.
    Am I upgrading my system? Will I hear a difference hooking the Transporter to my Amp via analog cables?

Thx for your feedback!
    You'll enjoy the Transporter. I have two (one backup in storage). It's a nice piece of equipment with a good DAC.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify