Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    I could have sworn you told me the backup you purchased had the silver face (black body) with silver buttons. Maybe that was someone else.

I too bought a backup SE (all black like my original SE) but I kind of regret getting the same color.
    hmmm, you could be right (you probably are, as I would have answered based on current info at that time). I have a vague recollection of that now that you mention it. I bought the backup, pulled it out of the box, set it up on my mysqueezebox.com account to make sure it all worked, then promptly put it back in the box (and it's stored in a closet at my office). And that was some time ago (time flies....2 years, 4 years? who knows....my wife tells me I don't know the difference between something that happened 2 years ago versus 15 years ago!)
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    hmmm, you could be right (you probably are, as I would have answered based on current info at that time). I have a vague recollection of that now that you mention it. I bought the backup, pulled it out of the box, set it up on my mysqueezebox.com account to make sure it all worked, then promptly put it back in the box (and it's stored in a closet at my office). And that was some time ago (time flies....2 years, 4 years? who knows....my wife tells me I don't know the difference between something that happened 2 years ago versus 15 years ago!)
    Well, one day when you open the box you might get a surprise.

Well, one day when you open the box you might get a surprise.
    I need more surprises at my age!
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

For those not liking the looks of the Transporter without knob, why not find a suitable knob and stick it on over the blanking plate.

Below are pics of my LMS server case which houses a Raspberry Pi. Top pic is as supplied, bottom pic with a knob and LED attached, the knob does absolutely nothing.

Squeezeboxes do sound miles better now though!

Name:  Pi-Box Pro1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  De-Luxe.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  115.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Squeezeboxes do sound miles better now though!
    of course!

If anyone is interested I can post the exact type of screws that will fit.
    I would really appreciate that if you could. I'm toying with getting a knob-less black SE from HotDogTec while there are still new ones around (as I've only ever owned the touch) and it'd be nice to be able to do that if I don't like the handles...

On a different note does the Transport have essentially the same Power Supply as the Touch (i.e. voltage & amps - I think the Touch is 5V 3A IIRC).

TIA.
    Last edited by Mycenius; 2020-03-09 at 17:28.
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    On a different note does the Transport have essentially the same Power Supply as the Touch (i.e. voltage & amps - I think the Touch is 5V 3A IIRC).

TIA.
    not sure, but keep in mind that the transporter power supply is built in (not an external brick).

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    not sure, but keep in mind that the transporter power supply is built in (not an external brick).
    Ahh - okay - thanks Gary! Was hoping to use my second Shanti LPS on it...

P.S. I'm assuming this will be controllable by iPeng like the Touch and Duet/Boom...? Anyone with a Transport use iPeng with it?
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

The power supply for the Transporter is internal. Here's a lengthy thread that I believe towards the end it talks about a replacement option since the original power supply is NLA.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...en-Transporter
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    I would really appreciate that if you could. I'm toying with getting a knob-less black SE from HotDogTec while there are still new ones around (as I've only ever owned the touch) and it'd be nice to be able to do that if I don't like the handles...

TIA.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Find-Fas...3807182&sr=8-1

You'll need the nuts as well. I got them from Home Depot but I'm not sure what size they are.