Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Microwaves

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Replace the micro , only bad ones leak rf , they are usually better than that .
    I totally agree with that!

In any event leaky microwaves are a health hazard.

Panasonic make good ones, no need for turntable + metal casing. Had mine for about 7 years now, no problems with it...

Dave

I just bought a Transporter as a backup from the seller onlyonedeal. Last year he listed them as NEW. Now he lists them as "refurbished" with a much lower price. I decided to take a chance and buy one. My previous Transporter was purchased from hotdogtec, which was (and still is) listed as NEW.

The one I got from hotdogtec a few years ago had tons of air cushion packing materials inside the box, plus two green foam inserts that slide into each side of the unit. The one I got from onlyonedeal just had the foam inserts...plus when I got the box it was partially opened. (Although I'll blame customs on that). Both shipping boxes were the same and are quite sturdy.

As for the Transporter itself, the one from onlyonedeal works 100% and looks to be unused but it did NOT have a protective label on the display like the one I got from hotdogtec. It's hard to get the dust off the display at first because of the static charge from being in the plastic bag. There were a few small marks on the display too but I was able to rub them off with my fingers. Also, the onlyonedeal unit had previous IP address settings inputted. This might be due to the unit being updated. (Maybe the hotdogtec unit did too, I forget). The accessories of both units were all factory fresh.

hotdogtec Black Transporter is $400 plus $40+ shipping to the USA. In Canada (where I am) it's $113.95. (Plus customs could potentially be another $50, although I lucked out a few years back and wasn't dinged at all)

onlyonedeal Black Transporter is $350 with FREE shipping to the US. Shipping to Canada is done by GSP with this seller, and the price is much lower. It's $17.55US plus $52US customs upfront. Interestingly, the day I bought it I was only charged $23 for customs. A glitch? I don't know, but this was a total bargain for me.

As for which seller I recommend, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. If US buyers want to save almost $100, I would totally get one from onlyonedeal. Canadian buyers will save even more. If you want one that might be a little more factory fresh and is packed better (assuming he still packs the same), then go with the one from hotdogtec. Both are bargains as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    I just bought a Transporter as a backup from the seller onlyonedeal. Last year he listed them as NEW. Now he lists them as "refurbished" with a much lower price. I decided to take a chance and buy one. My previous Transporter was purchased from hotdogtec, which was (and still is) listed as NEW.

The one I got from hotdogtec a few years ago had tons of air cushion packing materials inside the box, plus two green foam inserts that slide into each side of the unit. The one I got from onlyonedeal just had the foam inserts...plus when I got the box it was partially opened. (Although I'll blame customs on that). Both shipping boxes were the same and are quite sturdy.

As for the Transporter itself, the one from onlyonedeal works 100% and looks to be unused but it did NOT have a protective label on the display like the one I got from hotdogtec. It's hard to get the dust off the display at first because of the static charge from being in the plastic bag. There were a few small marks on the display too but I was able to rub them off with my fingers. Also, the onlyonedeal unit had previous IP address settings inputted. This might be due to the unit being updated. (Maybe the hotdogtec unit did too, I forget). The accessories of both units were all factory fresh.

hotdogtec Black Transporter is $400 plus $40+ shipping to the USA. In Canada (where I am) it's $113.95. (Plus customs could potentially be another $50, although I lucked out a few years back and wasn't dinged at all)

onlyonedeal Black Transporter is $350 with FREE shipping to the US. Shipping to Canada is done by GSP with this seller, and the price is much lower. It's $17.55US plus $52US customs upfront. Interestingly, the day I bought it I was only charged $23 for customs. A glitch? I don't know, but this was a total bargain for me.

As for which seller I recommend, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. If US buyers want to save almost $100, I would totally get one from onlyonedeal. Canadian buyers will save even more. If you want one that might be a little more factory fresh and is packed better (assuming he still packs the same), then go with the one from hotdogtec. Both are bargains as far as I'm concerned.
    Hi,
    Also bought one from hotdogtec in 2017 and it was absolutely new ! But I paid it 500 $USD, plus shipping to france, plus custom tax, final price is more about 800 $USD, but I'm very happy with it, sound is great and I love the vintage style looking.
    LMS 7.9.x
    on Linux Mageia 6 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...