Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I don't suppose there are step by step instructions for installing this on a Raspberry Pi (Debian Stretch). Or are there? I don't really want to screw up a working server.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I don't suppose there are step by step instructions for installing this on a Raspberry Pi (Debian Stretch). Or are there? I don't really want to screw up a working server.

Same here
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not that much that needs to be confed locally actually.

If you are running NGINX I can share my config.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Its not that much that needs to be confed locally actually.

If you are running NGINX I can share my config.
    No idea what nginx does ... thanks anyway

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of tonight Peter Mee's Alexa implementation is working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    As of tonight Peter Mee's Alexa implementation is working again.

Yes!

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

squeeze-alexa v2.1 now out

squeeze-alexa 2.1 is now out:

• AWS setup automation (BETA)
    • MQTT transport improvements
    • SSL hardening
    • Nginx / Dockerised nginx tunnel examples
    • Various setup / documentation improvements

I would love to try this as Alexa/Echo seems fairly useless to me (I recently purchased a Show and a Dot to experiment with, the latter which I really needed to connect directly to my Denon receiver, and I'm pretty nonplussed by the whole experience). I have no interest in listening to Amazon Music as it's pretty much a facsimile in many ways of Pandora which I never use. The boredom from Pandora and its inability to play crap that I like. I usually use up my 6 skips in the first 6 songs. And with my own collection, I'm never bored enough to pay a monthly fee for someone else's collection. My collection is MUCH more enjoyable to listen to, I have pretty simple tastes and generally abhor anything created in the last 15-25 years (few exceptions) and the lack of a LMS skill makes Alexa pretty dull. I have been voice-controlling my home since around 1999 with HAL Deluxe and HAL even of that era was a lot more useful to me. I could even use "Jeannie" as the action word. I hate the limit to "Alexa," "Echo," "Computer," etc. I understand why, but I still hate it.

Having said all of that, and I am somewhat tech and computer literate having built all of my own computers for 30 years and set up several Rpi and other projects, I'm afraid my tech skills aren't advanced enough to competently set this up. Main reason being, I don't want to accidentally and unsecurely blow open a port on the innerwebz for every script kiddie on the planet to play with. And a lot of the discussion in this thread (MQQT, nginx which I've heard of but am clueless to, sTunnel which I know of from BlueIris but don't know how to setup, etc) is above my knowledge and I just don't have the time to learn with work and life and ..? Therefore, and until future notice, I guess I am out. Kudos however to meep and nickb for taking the plunge. Maybe someday old geezers like me can find our Alexa/Echoes useful.
    Last edited by NFLnut; 2018-08-12 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLnut View Post

Main reason being, I don't want to accidentally and unsecurely blow open a port on the innerwebz for every script kiddie on the planet to play with.
    Sure, understood. Good news then - this isn't necessary now - you can use the new MQTT transport instead if that takes your fancy. This requires no ports to be opened, no LMS plugins to be installed, and no security settings to be changed, though definitely a fair bit of setup still. It's a little "beta" still (and not as fast) but it's working for me.

Therefore, and until future notice, I guess I am out. Kudos however to meep and nickb for taking the plunge. Maybe someday old geezers like me can find our Alexa/Echoes useful.
    Thanks
    Last edited by nickb; 2018-08-13 at 13:10. Reason: fixed link