Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I expect that it would be due to writing being in progress ... so location of LMS logs likely to have been the issue.
    Hmmm. Is there any way to store the logs in RAM then?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you use the shutdown monitor that I have setup for this, then a halt command is issued before dropping power.
    Where/what is the "shutdown monitor"?

(Sorry, I tried a google search for both of these but didn't come up with anything.)

The main reason I chose pCP was to be able to use it as a player/streamer appliance, that I can just power-down at will.

Quote Originally Posted by meq123 View Post
    Hmmm. Is there any way to store the logs in RAM then?
    They are already in RAM on pCP, but prefs and Cache are not.

Where/what is the "shutdown monitor"?
    Look on the tweaks page
    The main reason I chose pCP was to be able to use it as a player/streamer appliance, that I can just power-down at will.
    If its only a streamer, then this is perfectly fine.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Oops - my mistake.
    Same applies though - LMS writes things that can go to storage.
    You can configure things in pCP to send that content to an alternate device - e.g. ext4 formatted USB stick.
    In theory that could get corrupted as well but could argue that it is better to have pCP come back up and then restore LMS prefs/cache from a backup (if you make one).
    Hopefully that is right - if not then would be good to see the recommended approach when using LMS on pCP and in location where power is pulled.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Prefs would need to be in 'hard' storage, obviously, but they only get written when you are actually changing something (I assume). Could cache be put in RAM? Not sure what is being cached (and how continuously).

Also, this leads back to the earlier question... If I can send the 'power' (POWR) function with the remote (or key press) will that power down LMS and stop cache writes?

Look on the tweaks page
    Ahh, so you mean the gpio_shutdown function. But that takes actually walking up to the device and another keypress to ground the gpio pin (plus I already have that with sbpd and a shutdown script anyway ). Right now I have my system all connected to smarthome switches where I can just tell Alexa or Google mini to turn everything off... I know, I'm lazy!

But if the POWR function can prevent SD corruption, I can create a little h/w circuit (basically just a relay) that is powered from the in-box transformer windings. This would cut out immediately when the power goes away and ground a gpio pin. This in turn would send the POWR signal to LMS while the Pi remains powered for a couple of seconds by the big capacitors in my linear PSU.

If its only a streamer, then this is perfectly fine.
    Yeah, but it's a self-contained streamer, with LMS on board. Only the music files are on a separate NAS.

LMS is the problem......you need to halt the system first. You can build or buy power relays. To drop power after the kernel shuts down.

OK, so back to the sbpd thread ...

As discussed in an earlier post (#83) in this thread, in theory I should be able to add other commands from /usr/local/slimserver/IR/Default.map to sbpd, via additions to the sbpd_commands.cfg file.

So I dutifully did this, and indeed was able to make the STOP command work - by adding 'STOP=["button","stop"]' to a local copy of the sbpd_commands file, and in the sbpd command string on the tweaks tab.

HOWEVER, none of the other additional commands I've tried will work. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me why?

I tried adding the 'home' and arrow buttons using the following sbpd_commands entries, but with no luck:

HOME=["button","home"]
    ARDN=["button","down"]
    ARLF=["button","left"]
    ARRT=["button","right"]
    ARUP=["button","up"]

I also tried these alternative for the arrow keys, also failed:

ARDN=["button","arrow_down"]
    ARLF=["button","arrow_left"]
    ARRT=["button","arrow_right"]
    ARUP=["button","arrow_up"]

Can anyone tell me why these don't work? Am I doing it wrong, or was I reading too much into post #83?

I would connect the the cli interface, and the issue a listen command to see what comes in when you press the button. Some things may only work on a real squeeze device.

I would connect the the cli interface, and the issue a listen command to see what comes in when you press the button. Some things may only work on a real squeeze device.
    Well, not quite sure what you mean about the "listen" command, but I ran the sbpd on the command line with the "-v" switch, and it seems to report the button presses fine (I just tested a couple: arrow down and home):

Code:
    tc@MusicStreamer:~$ sbpd -v -f /home/tc/sbpd_commands.cfg  b,5,ARDN b,6,HOME 
      :
      :
    1557247359.0599 6 GPIO.c,102: Short PRESS: 299
    1557247359.0599 6 control.c,107: Button CB set for button #:0, gpio pin 5
    1557247359.0944 6 control.c,218: Button pressed: Pin: 5, Press Type:Short
    1557247359.0946 6 servercomm.c,74: Send Command:0, Fragment:["button","down"]
    1557247361.0044 6 GPIO.c,102: Short PRESS: 247
    1557247361.0044 6 control.c,107: Button CB set for button #:1, gpio pin 6
    1557247361.1006 6 control.c,218: Button pressed: Pin: 6, Press Type:Short
    1557247361.1009 6 servercomm.c,74: Send Command:0, Fragment:["button","home"]

telnet to you cli port of your LMS server (Default port 9090), Then type listen......you will see all of the communication from the server side.

What are you trying to control with Arrow Up and Arrow Down. pCP is not real squeezebox hardware, and wont have anything to process those commands. Definitely cannot control jivelite this way.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-05-07 at 10:37.

telnet to you cli port of your LMS server (Default port 9090), Then type listen......you will see all of the communication from the server side.

What are you trying to control with Arrow Up and Arrow Down. pCP is not real squeezebox hardware, and wont have anything to process those commands. Definitely cannot control jivelite this way.
    Well I did the listen thing - though somewhat arcane - and it does see the commands as below. But your reply leads me back to my original question "was I reading too much into post #83?" I guess I was

Code:
    listen 1
      :
    b8%3A27%3Aeb%3A78%3Af9%3Ae3 button home
    b8%3A27%3Aeb%3A78%3Af9%3Ae3 button down