Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    All kinds of things you can do with software. This tool was just not written that way.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Turner1200 View Post
    For this project, I really want to preserve the outside and interface of the old radio. While this means in principle keeping the non-momentary original switches (buttons), you make we wonder if there is an indirect way to have the non-momentary switches activate a second set of momentary switches on their way to the GPIO pins, maybe through a time delay circuit or relay? I’ll have to do some reading.

On the software side, I wonder if I could modify the code that monitors the pins to register a button push if a connection is made via my non-momentary button. It could fire after a fixed time delay if the signal is maintained on specified pin. After a longer delay, if there was no further activity, the pin could be reset so it’s not left floating. Any thoughts on which portion of the source code I would need to look at?

Alternatively, maybe I could take the idea of a delay / second button and execute it in software. Maybe a script that reacts to a change on pin 1, triggered by my mechanical non-momentary switch, and then momentarily flips a second pin on and off on the Pi, which sbpd could interpret as a button push?

I’ll try and work through a few possibilities and share any results.

Hello Turner1200,

i faced the same problem when i wanted to rebuild an old cassette recorder with pcp.
    Last but not least, I used gpiozero and LMSTools to control toggle style switches and rotary encoders.
    This combination works very well with pcp and is relatively easy to implement.
    If you need some advice i can help.

Greetings

Capacitive touch

I now have a https://www.adafruit.com/product/1374 capacitive touch connected to pin 20 and have set both resist and pressed to 1 as the output goes high when activated. Is this correct?

Depends on how you have the software configured. But those button output voltage when pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Depends on how you have the software configured. But those button output voltage when pressed.
    This works:
    sbpd -v b,20,POWR,0,1

Now I can turn it on/off just by touching the body of the player.
    Name:  squeeze.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  219.5 KB
    Last edited by mfraser; 2021-10-26 at 23:52.

Hello,

i have this rotary encoder KY040 or KY-040:
    Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  23.0 KB
    there are 5 connectors: CLK, DT, SW, + and GND

GND to GND
    SW (Switch) like an button to a GPIO, so i can use the rotary encoder as button, when pressed in the middle.

now i have 3 left: CLK, DT and +
    can someone give me a hint how to connect this one to the raspberry to use with sbpd?

[edit]
    ok i tried and it works:
    + is 3V3
    CLK is PIN1
    DT is PIN2

so my command is now:
    sbpd b,22,PLAY e,24,25,VOLU
    Last edited by Besth; 2021-11-22 at 08:03.

The other pins are for the push button on the stem of the encoder. You can connect that to GPIO and do something else.