Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Only one LMS - it finds that OK, but I do have another squeezelite on the network (which is set to 100% volume fixed) - I'll try the mac address in my script.

That doesn't work... BUT if I SSH in, do a sudo su and pigs t - it shows that pigpiod is running
    If I then do
    sbpd -M 'my mac address' e,23,24,VOLU
    It WORKS!
    and so does
    sbpd e,23,24,VOLU

so mac address is a red herring - it just doesn't work from the script

I think I may simplify my script to emulate exactly what I'm doing at the command line and see if that does it. I'm nearly there!

I decided to simplify things completely - it would appear that the script is not starting pigpiod.

Manually starting pigpiod only, from the shell as root results in the music slowing down, so it's done something to the clock - I recall reading about this somewhere. I think I need to fix this problem before I do anything else.

Later: - sudo su
    pigs t shows that pigpiod is not being started by my script.
    Manually starting pigpiod -t 0 gets me music at the right speed - progress
    manually starting sbpd e,23,24,VOLU gets me volume control.

What's not working is doing this automatically at boot, but at least I know it's working.

Later:
    A few more re-boots and I then gave up on scripting. I have three startup options so the first one is:
    sudo pigpiod -t 0
    The second one is:
    sleep 10
    I'm in no rush, so giving pigpiod time to get going is fine...
    The third one is:
    sbpd e,23,24,VOLU

It now works.

Many, many thanks to all the experts helping a noob get there - slowly. I now really love PiCorePlayer and I think I may build another one for my main system, as I'm currently using Volumio with Squeezelite - but I like the fact I can really get inside PiCorePlayer (and so break it completely!) - keep up the good work!
    Last edited by jemhayward; 2020-04-13 at 09:43.

So I've just had an adventuresome weekend. Last year I built a custom-cased music player/streamer based around a Pi 3B and a Hifiberry DAC+ running pcp 4.x. With the new Topping E30 coming out, and the non-USB-limited Pi 4, I decided to update the internals to a Pi4, no hat, just USB out. I saw that, in the interim, we were now up to pcp 6.1, so of course went for that and followed my earlier notes to reinstall. All went fine (few changes, but easily navigated) until it came to sbpd. My buttons no longer worked

Obviously I searched the 'net and found out here about this new sbpd upgrade and install mechanism, and after a few false starts, everything is working again! Yay! Thanks to all who contributed!

So now, just a couple of questions...

1) The script that @Chill has shown, does not run sbpd with the "-d" (deamonize) parameter. Should it? Or is this no longer required?

2) With the new flexibility, I want to reassign my buttons. Does anyone know how to make a button show the "Now Playing" screen - i.e. do the same thing as the 'music note' icon in the top right of the touch display?

Thanks again!

OK, I've answered one of my own questions... while I was browsing the forum threads, I came across this link to the various Key 'code's: https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-...r/jivekeys.csv

AHA! I see a "KEY_LEFTBRACE" there that corresponds to NowPlaying. Sure enough, I configure it to a button and it works like a champ!

But I still would like to know if -d should be added to the sbpd line?

Once your done debugging, then yes, add -d.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer