Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 127 of 127
  1. #121
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,598
    Actually wasn't that hard.....(I think)

    Try this out, as it would take me some time to get an encoder setup to test.

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...q4u2v8miy/sbpd

    Let me know how this works...... if needed I will setup an encoder.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Actually wasn't that hard.....(I think)

    Try this out, as it would take me some time to get an encoder setup to test.

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...q4u2v8miy/sbpd

    Let me know how this works...... if needed I will setup an encoder.
    Thank you for the quick response. But how do I update the existing sbpd? Can I just replace the file here "/usr/local/sbin/sbpd" and thats it? And what is the title of the (new) command i have to use? Or did you just updated the NEXT and PREV commands so that they will work with encoders?

  3. #123
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,598
    Just grab it with wget and put in your home directory for testing. If it works, Iíll update the extension.

    I updated the usage output of the command, Itís called TRAC
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Just grab it with wget and put in your home directory for testing. If it works, Iíll update the extension.

    I updated the usage output of the command, Itís called TRAC
    Ok. I tested it like this "sbpd -d e,6,12,TRAC". When I turn the encoder it is changing the volume. So unfortunately it is not working yet.

  5. #125
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi2000 View Post
    Ok. I tested it like this "sbpd -d e,6,12,TRAC". When I turn the encoder it is changing the volume. So unfortunately it is not working yet.
    Make sure you are running correct binary. Path is searched first.

    Put a ./sbpd

    Also make sure no other instance is running.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-01-27 at 12:37.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #126
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,598
    The pCP extension has been updated to 2.1, you can update it from the extensions page, or run "pcp-update pcp-sbpd" from a ssh session
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  7. #127
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The pCP extension has been updated to 2.1, you can update it from the extensions page, or run "pcp-update pcp-sbpd" from a ssh session
    Thank you Paul! The rotary encoder can now be used for skipping tracks with the TRAC command. Maybe important for others: The encoder command for the volume change is now VOLU. I first tried it with VOLM but this was not working anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •