Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waihi Beach, New Zealand
    Posts
    204

    Good work!

    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I've put a revised version of the documenter on my Dropbox - the only major difference in this version is you have the option to exclude the album artwork which reduces the file file size massively. To give you an idea of the difference artwork makes my collection with artwork produced a file of 27mb and without it is 1.3mb.

    Once you've downloaded the zip file unzip it into it's own folder and try it out ( double click on the .exe file ).

    When the form appears
    Enter your name in the textbox at the top of the form this will appear on the first page of the pdf and select a folder for your output file don't try to add a filename this is generated automatically.
    Click on the Scan For LMS Servers button ( it used to do this automatically ) and wait until your server details appear on the form.
    Then click Scan Music Library and watch the checkboxes on the right of the form being checked one at a time.
    Once all of the checkboxes are checked
    Check or uncheck add album art then click the Generate Pdf button and watch the progress.

    It can take some time to scan your network for a server but it will find it if there is one.
    Let me know how you get on.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwrp1o6n1...kqMnxTTua?dl=0
    Thanks a lot for the update. I downloaded, clicked the .exe and - - - Avast wanted to take it away for analysis in their lab (or message to that effect). It came back with a clean bill of health, so hopefully other Avast users will find their file is cleared quickly.

    Everything seemed to be heaps quicker than before. The LMS server was identified in 20 seconds, the scan completed in under a minute and the pdf (without album art) creation took scarcely more than a minute.
    But I've still got >1600 pages in a 10 MB file. Sadly that doesn't really satisfy my wish for a file small enough for my phone to scroll quickly and search with the tools already there - and my basic HTML files do that job for me.

    Anyway, thanks once more. I suspect plenty of people will enjoy having the output from your app - renewed congratulations on the product.

    A suggestion: Maybe edit the first post in this thread to put the new Dropbox link up there, with the new instructions (and maybe a comment to explain the timing for people landing there for their first time)?
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I've put a revised version of the documenter on my Dropbox - the only major difference in this version is you have the option to exclude the album artwork which reduces the file file size massively. To give you an idea of the difference artwork makes my collection with artwork produced a file of 27mb and without it is 1.3mb.

    Once you've downloaded the zip file unzip it into it's own folder and try it out ( double click on the .exe file ).

    When the form appears
    Enter your name in the textbox at the top of the form this will appear on the first page of the pdf and select a folder for your output file don't try to add a filename this is generated automatically.
    Click on the Scan For LMS Servers button ( it used to do this automatically ) and wait until your server details appear on the form.
    Then click Scan Music Library and watch the checkboxes on the right of the form being checked one at a time.
    Once all of the checkboxes are checked
    Check or uncheck add album art then click the Generate Pdf button and watch the progress.

    It can take some time to scan your network for a server but it will find it if there is one.
    Let me know how you get on.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwrp1o6n1...kqMnxTTua?dl=0
    Many thanks for this! It's very useful. I tried to run it from Linux, using Wine and/or Mono. No success, but that's hardly surprising. It's well worth the time it takes to boot to Windows.

    Would you consider an option to list only albums (album artist and album title) without individual tracks?
    LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5 wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
    no high-end or esoteric audio gear
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired

  3. #53
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Many thanks for this! It's very useful. I tried to run it from Linux, using Wine and/or Mono. No success, but that's hardly surprising. It's well worth the time it takes to boot to Windows.

    Would you consider an option to list only albums (album artist and album title) without individual tracks?
    Hi Rob, thanks for your interest and I'm glad you find the tool useful - would you want the artwork shown ? The documenter was originally written for personal use so I didn't design it with options in mind. As there seems to be rekindled interest in the tool I will post a new thread.
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    Hi Rob, thanks for your interest and I'm glad you find the tool useful - would you want the artwork shown ? The documenter was originally written for personal use so I didn't design it with options in mind. As there seems to be rekindled interest in the tool I will post a new thread.
    Since you asked the question in this thread, I'll answer here. What I had in mind was a very minimal catalog of albums without their contents, so no artwork. I see someone else has asked for something similar in the new thread, but that person might feel differently about the art.
    LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5 wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
    no high-end or esoteric audio gear
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waihi Beach, New Zealand
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Since you asked the question in this thread, I'll answer here. What I had in mind was a very minimal catalog of albums without their contents, so no artwork. I see someone else has asked for something similar in the new thread, but that person might feel differently about the art.
    HI Rob - I've got a somewhat clunky way with Windows apps to put out a minimal list - all the albums and artists sorted in either order. I'm struggling to find the time to complete the documentation so that others cleverer than me can perhaps tweak it into a single-click tool, or improve my method. All being well that'll be finished in a few days.... (Famous last words)

    Would you be able to post a link to the 'new thread' you mention. I'd hate to be missing something helpful on this search.

    Cheers!
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waihi Beach, New Zealand
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    HI Rob

    Would you be able to post a link to the 'new thread' you mention. I'd hate to be missing something helpful on this search.

    Cheers!
    Ignore that! I had a little explore in the forums and found pkfox's Documenter II thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...menter-Part-II

    This thread can, I suggest, be safely regarded as finished.
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

  7. #57
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    Ignore that! I had a little explore in the forums and found pkfox's Documenter II thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...menter-Part-II

    This thread can, I suggest, be safely regarded as finished.
    It certainly is
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

  8. #58
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    Ignore that! I had a little explore in the forums and found pkfox's Documenter II thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...menter-Part-II

    This thread can, I suggest, be safely regarded as finished.
    How do you post a link to another thread like you did in this one ?
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waihi Beach, New Zealand
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    How do you post a link to another thread like you did in this one ?
    I use a Windows 10 PC, and copy/paste in the Chrome browser.
    Looking at the thread which is the intended destination for the link, a single left-click in the address bar highlights the whole of the address (including the "http://"), that's what I copy. Then in the comment I'm writing, I put the cursor where I want the link to be and paste.
    Linking to a specific post is similar, but the address comes from the comment number at the right-hand end of the blue bar above the poster's name. (Your comment which I'm quoting here is post #58 in this thread.) I right click on that number, choose "Copy link address" and paste that into the comment I'm writing - which gives me this: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post981587

    Probably the touch-screen equivalent method will involve long-press on the equivalent locations. And I know next to nothing useful about Apple products, and only a fraction more about Linux systems so have no tips to offer there!

    Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Viragored; 2020-07-11 at 00:52.
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

  10. #60
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    I use a Windows 10 PC, and copy/paste in the Chrome browser.
    Looking at the thread which is the intended destination for the link, a single left-click in the address bar highlights the whole of the address (including the "http://"), that's what I copy. Then in the comment I'm writing, I put the cursor where I want the link to be and paste.
    Linking to a specific post is similar, but the address comes from the comment number at the right-hand end of the blue bar above the poster's name. (Your comment which I'm quoting here is post #58 in this thread.) I right click on that number, choose "Copy link address" and paste that into the comment I'm writing - which gives me this: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post981587

    Probably the touch-screen equivalent method will involve long-press on the equivalent locations. And I know next to nothing useful about Apple products, and only a fraction more about Linux systems so have no tips to offer there!

    Hope that helps!
    Thanks for that
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •