Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    • Dec 2005

Microsoft Edge Browser - LMS*web interface unusable

If anyone*else is using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge could they indicate if they are able to use LMS webpage?*If I try the initial web page renders fine but nothing is clickable. Its as if Edge isn't recognising the JavaScript on the page and interpreting it. I am on the Insider Preview build and I can't recall if this is an issue since the "Anniversary" update back in July. I have used the Feedback Hub to report the issue and if anyone else is so inclined please search for "Edge browser not working with JavaScript page", upvote and add any additional comment

Cheers

Paul
    Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Squeeze Server 7.9 on Windows 2012 R2
    SB3 x1, Squeezebox Boom x 1 (Deceased - 2018), Radio with (battery) x 1, Touch x 1, piCoreplayer (with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro) x 1
    RIP - dBpowerAMP R16 to FLAC
    ID3 Tags - MP3Tag v2.89 & Discogs
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

I don't use it day-to-day but does work with LMS for me (although ... at the moment it has stopped taking keyboard input for anything, not just LMS - but working fine with mouse)
    Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• Mike Sargent
      • Jul 2011

I just tried it and it seems to be working fine.

Is your Windows 10 system completely up to date? Microsoft updates Win 10 and Edge all the time.

Mike

Comment

• Apesbrain
        • Jun 2005

It's not my browser of choice, but just tried it and it seemed to work fine on LMS.

Comment

• reinholdk
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Apesbrain
          It's not my browser of choice, but just tried it and it seemed to work fine on LMS.
          same for me

Comment

• jfo
            • Jul 2005

Also working here...

Comment

• kidstypike
              • Feb 2007

And here . . .
              Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
              Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
              Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
              Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• d6jg
                • Feb 2011

Yes it works but I don't use it because ..... same reason as everyone else.
                Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
                Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
                Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• Greg Erskine
                  • Sep 2006

I use Windows 10 and Edge as my browser, I have never noticed an issue, though I don't use the LMS web GUI on a daily basis.

Comment

• ElwoodSC
                    • Jun 2009

I have the same problem with current W10 Insider Builds - Edge works with LMS up to final Redstone-Buile (14939) but stopped working with builds after that.

Comment

• TomAmes
                      • Mar 2009

Edge is my daily browser for LMS and one other site so I can leave it open (and usually minimized) all day and not have to use Edge for anything else. LMS works fine on Edge for me.

Comment

• d6jg
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TomAmes
                        Edge is my daily browser for LMS and one other site so I can leave it open (and usually minimized) all day and not have to use Edge for anything else. LMS works fine on Edge for me.
                        You can run LMS in Chrome in app mode and nothing else will interfere with it. Any link you open from elsewhere opens in a completely new and separate instance of Chrome. App mode also gets rid of all navigation and toolbars. It's just LMS and LMS alone with no interference.
                        Jim

Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

• d6jg
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by d6jg
                          You can run LMS in Chrome in app mode and nothing else will interfere with it. Any link you open from elsewhere opens in a completely new and separate instance of Chrome. App mode also gets rid of all navigation and toolbars. It's just LMS and LMS alone with no interference.
                          Jim

Comment

• TomAmes
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by d6jg
                            Thanks! I'm still learning new things every day.

Comment

• Paul_B
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ElwoodSC
                              I have the same problem with current W10 Insider Builds - Edge works with LMS up to final Redstone-Buile (14939) but stopped working with builds after that.
                              Pretty sure that is my situation. It was working but since the Insider Build has moved to Creator Edition something has broken.

Thanks for all the feedback from others, it has helped

Paul
                              Paul

Squeeze Server 7.9 on Windows 2012 R2
                              SB3 x1, Squeezebox Boom x 1 (Deceased - 2018), Radio with (battery) x 1, Touch x 1, piCoreplayer (with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro) x 1
                              RIP - dBpowerAMP R16 to FLAC
                              ID3 Tags - MP3Tag v2.89 & Discogs

Comment

Working...