Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Interesting listening to Banazaii on Musique yesterday evening: the track info was actually changing a little ahead of what I was hearing. More inconsistency, it seems as mostly what I'd heard (only sporadically) during the day was well behind the audio.

A very welcome addition, Paul, so thanks again for your efforts here.

Musique really is such a delightful stream in my opinion: varied and full of stuff I've never heard before. My fave at present, and recommended. But of course there's always lots more to give a try at Radio Now Playing.

Beta 0.4.3b
    - Add FIP Metal and FIP Hip-Hop

Had a request via Github to add these. They started at end of August 2022 ... although FIP Metal has been in the system before.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

0.4.3 24-Sep-2022
    - Reinstate song information on France Musique (note - will not work for all tracks)
    - Add FIP Metal and FIP Hip-Hop
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Display Title+Station, Artist, Album

Hello Paul, do you think there would be a way between Material skin and your plugin to show more than 3 elements of information? I use playlists in which I store different FIP streams (FIP / Rock / Nouveautes etc) and when I want to skip a track that I donĺt like I actually switch to one of the other streams. Unfortunately if I want to display the name of the station I cannot display the album nor the year (and, importantly for me, I canĺt display the AllMusic review of the album).

There is ample space on a PC to have all of it, how about adding a setting allowing to add a 4th line with the station name? (I guess it would require a change on Materal skin?)

Or maybe a setting to concatenate the Track Title and the Station name (that way other plugins keep artist and album), e.g.:
    Babooshka (FIP (HLS))
    Kate Bush
    The whole story / 1980

In any case thanks for a fantastic plugin that I use daily!

Unfortunately it is a limitation in LMS.
    It has very few fields that it makes available for use by the players - and they are named (like artist, title, album, year).
    If I join the station name to another field then it would mean that players / controllers would have to unpack it to use them.
    Maybe I could hide it in a custom field that is accessible via "More" and then Material (or whatever) could go and fetch it from there.

I'll have a think and maybe other developers here could come up with something.

I did suggest to mherger a while back that having some of the players (esp Jivelite) using more fields would be good since it does have the screen space to show more.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If I join the station name to another field then it would mean that players / controllers would have to unpack it to use them.
    Not as good as having a 4th line, but wow about an option to change the contents of the field Title to be "Title + Station name". That way LMS still uses the same fields but your plugin just hacked the contents of the Title field (unbeknownst to LMS)? The issue of course is that I assume that it would prevent the Info plugin to display track lyrics as the track name would be wrong.

The best would be indeed a custom field to be displayed in Material skin.

Correct.
    It would also mess up things like "what was that song?" and scrobbling (for those that send radio plays to last.fm).
    Paul Webster