Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Great, thanks for this Paul—I look forward to giving it a whirl. I don't think I have the beta link, so could you perhaps PM with it?

Beta now available and have sent you the link.

For the currently playing programme (En pistes !), as I type this, it looks like the track information becomes available around 3 minutes after the track starts ... so many of them do show but be patient.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Added link to repo, but nothing new visible yet. What is the version number of the new beta? I currently have 0.4.3a.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Added link to repo, but nothing new visible yet. What is the version number of the new beta? I currently have 0.4.3a.
    That is the new beta.
    You have probably enabled automatic update of plugins.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Interesting: I don't have auto update checked.

Anyway, will try out the beta later and report back. Thanks!

Played Musique for about an hour this evening.

Now no show name, but no artist or title either. All I got was "francemusique-hifi.aac" continuously on my SB Classic, and also on various other devises I tried.

That was via Radio France/Live/France Musique/France Musique/ and then tried AAC, MP3 etc.

(All the other links in the France Musique folder—Classique Easy to La BQ...—show artist and title.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Now no show name, but no artist or title either. All I got was "francemusique-hifi.aac" continuously on my SB Classic, and also on various other devises I tried.
    That is strange.
    It implies to me that either the plugin was not being called (which would usually mean that LMS did not think that the stream URL was "owned" by a particular plugin) or that there was some sort of fault in the plugin that meant that it did not return data to LMS.
    It the latter then I would expect an error message of some sort in LMS logs - and probably it would have a highlight colour when viewed via the built-in LMS log viewer.
    Paul Webster

Ah, I've found the culprit.

I had "Select if you want to ignore some stations - primarily not song-based - for example France Inter" checked; once I unchecked that, artist, title, etc is revealed. Good!

Listening to "En pistes !" slot as I type this (around 9:50 am UK), some pleasant opera, just the "En pistes !" readout at first, and then after several minutes it delivered track details (in German) for The Merry Wives of Windsor.

Then at the top of the hour (10am here) the show changed to Allegretto, and the first piece, Rite of Spring, started exactly 1:00 in, so I figured I could time exactly when the track info appeared. However, the clip stopped after 3:20, and still no track info.

Anyway, Paul, thanks. Will try again later when I have more time and report on a longer listen.

Anyone else giving it a go?

AS I said when I put this new stuff in ... it is not designed by Radio France to work like this ... so it is lucky that it finds anything to output for France Musique.
    I don't know why they changed things but I don't plan to ask them (for now at least) because there official API has even less information available and some controls around it that would make it impractical (again - it is not really designed for working out what song is playing ... it is more for which programmes are on today ... a feature that I would like to get into the "Radio Favourites" plugin but I'm not there yet).
    Paul Webster

Of course, Paul, understood on that. Just doing my duty and reporting on the beta. It is for sure much better than nothing!