Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    My comment was referring to the logs that were provided just before.
    The fetch of the master URL worked ok - that then pointed to the next set and the resultant fetch of the _hifi URL appeared to timeout - or did I misread it?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    My comment was referring to the logs that were provided just before.
    The fetch of the master URL worked ok - that then pointed to the next set and the resultant fetch of the _hifi URL appeared to timeout - or did I misread it?
    Since the hifi URL is visible - it implies the top level fetch worked.

596 is an error specific to the CPAN module (i.e 596 is not RFC standard) being used to cover a loophole in the HTTP/1.1 protocol when far end does not reply but in HTTP 1.1 the TCP connection is kept open so reason is ambiguous. I have seen this before in TLS negotiation problems. Maybe worth testing whether Increasing timeout resolves the issue as workaround

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Since the hifi URL is visible - it implies the top level fetch worked.
    Yes - that is what I just said.

596 is an error specific to the CPAN module (i.e 596 is not RFC standard) being used to cover a loophole in the HTTP/1.1 protocol when far end does not reply but in HTTP 1.1 the TCP connection is kept open so reason is ambiguous. I have seen this before in TLS negotiation problems. Maybe worth testing whether Increasing timeout resolves the issue as workaround
    Both URLs appear to come from the same web server - so I would have expected them both to have had the same problem or lack of problem.
    So - perhaps it is related to something underneath trying to keep a connection open when it cannot or the other way around.

Edit: ignore this below it was based on some likely bogus output from an old copy of wget
    But perhaps the calls are slightly different - perhaps certificate checking (no certificate subject alternative name matches).
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2020-06-13 at 07:49.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I think I have found the problem.

Buster have used a non standard SSL setting - basically taking a stronger line SSL security. This would affect any users of OpenSSL on the Buster system.

Workaround for PlayHLS 2.5 and earlier - in the file /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
    Code:
    CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=2
    Change to
    Code:
    CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=1
    RAdio France played OK after LMS was restarted after file was edited (i.e. no need for system restart) - not sure if LMS actually needs to be restarted.

Longer term - I'll do an update to PlayHLS to support longer DH keys. I hope this is a just a small change.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-06-15 at 03:14. Reason: typo - initially said PlayHLS 2.4 & openssl.cnf filename

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think I have found the problem.

Buster have used a non standard SSL setting - basically taking a stronger line SSL security. This would affect any users of OpenSSL on the Buster system.

Workaround for PlayHLS 2.4 - in the file /etc/ssl/openss.cnf
    Code:
    CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=2
    Change to
    Code:
    CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=1
    RAdio France played OK after LMS was restarted after file was edited (i.e. no need for system restart) - not sure if LMS actually needs to be restarted.

Longer term - I'll do an update to PlayHLS to support longer DH keys. I hope this is a just a small change.
    Is PlayHLS 2.4 a typo? I am on 2.5

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is PlayHLS 2.4 a typo? I am on 2.5

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes a typo.

PlayHLS V2.6 is now available and Radio France HLS streams should play on Buster without any changes to /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf file.

0.1.32 17-Jun-2020
    Add FIP Pop

Radio France added FIP Pop today.

Note - this station is not in TuneIn yet (and not yet in the Radio France mobile phone apps)
    So to play it you will need to use a direct stream URL - like this ... but it needs PlayHLS plugin installed:

https://stream.radiofrance.fr/fippop/fippop.m3u8

There might be an MP3 version but I have not checked yet.
    I'll add it in here if/when I verify it.
    Paul Webster