Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Senior Member Tony T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Wish I could figure out what the problem is.
    I have no issue with other streaming channels (i.e. Radio Paradise), and no issues with my other Touch on LMS.
    Also, no issues with my SB Radio on MySB.com
    I only have a problem with Slacker and Pandora with my Touch on MySB.com Ś and lt looks like the problem (for me) is when they go to a commercial.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3

    Solution

    Quote Originally Posted by napsak View Post
    I have found the same issue within the past few weeks. I did a factory rest thinking someone changed a playback setting, did no good.

    Try this. Log in to the playerControl console and watch in-between songs.
    Attachment 22058

    What I have noticed is that it appears a commercial attempts to play, but the device cannot play it so the station stops instead of continues to play. I can see the commercial trying to play in the remote control console but nothing appears on the actual device.

    My theory is that there are types of commercials that cannot be played on the squeezebox which is why it just stops.

    So a possible solution is to upgrade to a paid version of Pandora to determine if this will resolve the issue since I will no longer be having commercials or use another streaming application.
    The solution I found was sell the non-functioning device in a garage sale for 10 bucks and bought an Amazon Tap. No more issues.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Tony T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    846
    Well, I found a low cost solution by building a LMS with a Raspberry Pi 3 and PiCorePlayer
    Added benefit is that I can take my files to my vacation home with this setup
    See: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...orePlayer-3-20
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Well, I found a low cost solution by building a LMS with a Raspberry Pi 3 and PiCorePlayer
    Added benefit is that I can take my files to my vacation home with this setup
    See: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...orePlayer-3-20
    Have you found that Pandora works properly once running on your new Pi?

    RHD

  5. #25
    Same problem here with Pandora on a Squeezebox Touch. Doesn't seem like a general streaming issue since it always stops at the end of the song. Started around the time I switched to an Eero system, though that could be a coincidence.

    Since it's an old and unsupported device I'm open to replacing it, but I can't find anything similar on the market. The touchscreen is a big plus for the non-techies in the house.

    • integrated WiFi
    • Android remote app
    • RCA and/or optical out
    • Pandora player
    • streaming radio player (e.g. KALX, KCSM, Fip)
    • speaker(s) OK but don't care


    I could build a HiFiBerry kit if I had to, but that's too much like what I do at work, so I'd prefer an off-the-shelf product.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lauriston View Post
    Same problem here with Pandora on a Squeezebox Touch. Doesn't seem like a general streaming issue since it always stops at the end of the song. Started around the time I switched to an Eero system, though that could be a coincidence.

    Since it's an old and unsupported device I'm open to replacing it, but I can't find anything similar on the market. The touchscreen is a big plus for the non-techies in the house.

    • integrated WiFi
    • Android remote app
    • RCA and/or optical out
    • Pandora player
    • streaming radio player (e.g. KALX, KCSM, Fip)
    • speaker(s) OK but don't care


    I could build a HiFiBerry kit if I had to, but that's too much like what I do at work, so I'd prefer an off-the-shelf product.
    I fixed my issue. Like you I wanted a kit but also wanted HifiBerry for whole house high bit rate streaming. I could no longer get the LMS/Duet to stay streaming so I moved over to Max2Play. I further now have a really nice Spotify solution as well.
    Ross

  7. #27
    Senior Member Julf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lauriston View Post
    I could build a HiFiBerry kit if I had to, but that's too much like what I do at work, so I'd prefer an off-the-shelf product.
    You could get the stuff in a nice box from Bryston for $1300...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

  8. #28
    Eero support suggested deleting and re-creating the WiFi settings.

    Is there some way to do that short of restoring the factory defaults? In the advanced settings, nothing I've tried has made it forget the password.

  9. #29
    I got Pandora working reliably again on my Squeezebox Touch by:

    1. installing the latest Squeezebox software update
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app
    3. resetting the Squeezebox to its factory settings


    Whether all of these steps were necessary or I could have gotten away with only the last, I don't know. As it turns out, restoring the factory settings did not lose any of my apps or favorites, so if it starts messing up again I'll try that first.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lauriston View Post
    I got Pandora working reliably again on my Squeezebox Touch ...
    I spoke too soon. Worked for maybe a day, then the problem came back.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •