Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotify plugin confusion

Hi there,

I've got two problems:

a) can anyone tell me what's the right spotify plugin combination to use? Not sure if I'm doing it right or what the benefits are,
    which of the plugins are maintained, etc..

b) when I first tried spotify it was skipping a bit - how can I solve this? Machines are connected via Ethernet

Thanks for your help!

Hardware player models? LMS version? Computer OS?

Sorry, version is Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1483281996
    Players are Raspi + IQAudio Amp+, Streaming server is a better media PC with plenty of power.

Quote Originally Posted by chbla View Post
    Hi there,
    a) can anyone tell me what's the right spotify plugin combination to use? Not sure if I'm doing it right or what the benefits are,
    which of the plugins are maintained, etc..
    Unless you got some special reason to choose something else, go for the official Spotify app. It works using Touch and other of the newest players, but doesn't work on the older "Squeezebox 3" (aka. "Squeezebox Classic") or on the Squeezebox Transporter. Triode's plugin works on these older players and has a few extra features/options you might like, but it is using a deprecated API, so if you can use the official app and are satisfied with it, stick to that. Also Triode's plugin is apparently not maintained anymore and currently has some issues (It seems Triode has left the platform?).

I don't know which players your hardware are compatible with. But first try the official app. It requires you to login to your Spotify account on http://www.mysqueezebox.com/ first, as far as I remember...
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-01-18 at 23:41.
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 8.1.1(LmsUpdate) - 1610364019 @ Jan 14 2021 on Synology DS716+II (DSM6.2+Perl5.24). Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Main HiFi: Marantz PM6005 & F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

My goal is basically to maximize audio quality. The player software I'm using is moode audio - it uses squeezelite as a client.

Install these two plugins.

Name:  plugin.png
Views: 204
Size:  7.2 KB

Add your Spotify account to SPH.

Name:  sph.png
Views: 165
Size:  12.1 KB

Add your Spotify account to mysqueezebox.com.

Name:  spotify.png
Views: 206
Size:  50.6 KB
    Last edited by bernt; 2017-01-19 at 00:58.
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    Unless you got some special reason to choose something else, go for the official Spotify app.
    Isn't that dependent on mysqueezebox.com?
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

I think it is yeah, I'm using it - is there a reason against using it?
    Btw. I think I had to add credentials in LMS as well, in the protocol handlers..

Skipping still persists

Quote Originally Posted by chbla View Post
    I think it is yeah, I'm using it - is there a reason against using it?
    Not as such, but some of us are trying to be dependent on as few "out there in the cloud" resources as possible.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Ah yeah of course I don't care though haha