Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 219
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6

    Creating a 3rd partition

    Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Why not a USB flash drive?
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-256GB...gb+flash+drive
    Seems like this would do the job and keep it separate from your "system" on the microSD card.
    While this would do the job for some, running piCorePlayer and LMS on a Pi Zero W with a Justboom Amp Zero, the USB drive doesn't work well. With huge SD cards, it makes sense to have the songs on the SD card.

  2. #32
    Senior Member w3wilkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat-bum View Post
    While this would do the job for some, running piCorePlayer and LMS on a Pi Zero W with a Justboom Amp Zero, the USB drive doesn't work well. With huge SD cards, it makes sense to have the songs on the SD card.
    My reason for the USB jump drive is to keep music off the SD card where the system is.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    My reason for the USB jump drive is to keep music off the SD card where the system is.
    That might be your reason but that is not the reason for others. By creating a third partition is seems that is can isolate from the system partition and can be protected as well as possible. Once again can we focus on the original question that was asking for about a third partition.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,719
    Use fdisk to create additional partitions.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    102
    With fdisk, it appears that you have to be very specific about the amount of space you want to create, I.e., the number of bytes which isn’t the same number of gigabytes. How do we figure out the right number to specify?
    Last edited by AirFiero; 2019-04-15 at 13:27.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    102
    Another issue is being able to SSH into a pi zero after you have configured everything in logitech squeezebox. I could get everything working OK if I used my pi 3B plus, but I canít seem to access it on the pi zero. I did add a file in the route with the name SSH, and I thought I had configured and saved the Wi-Fi settings while I was on the pi three B+.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,719
    AirFiero, are you using piCorePlayer?

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    AirFiero, are you using piCorePlayer?
    Yes.

    Pi Zero W
    PiCore 4.x
    Waveshare 4.3 inch touchscreen, so I need the USB data for the touch data.
    Portable player, so a usb hub isnít practical
    512gb SD card, so I need to store the music on partition 3

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFiero View Post
    With fdisk, it appears that you have to be very specific about the amount of space you want to create, I.e., the number of bytes which isnít the same number of gigabytes. How do we figure out the right number to specify?
    I think I found the answer here, although the commands and syntax might not be totally the same...

    https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.co...my-sd-card#654

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFiero View Post
    Another issue is being able to SSH into a pi zero after you have configured everything in logitech squeezebox. I could get everything working OK if I used my pi 3B plus, but I canít seem to access it on the pi zero. I did add a file in the route with the name SSH, and I thought I had configured and saved the Wi-Fi settings while I was on the pi three B+.
    Is there a way to store WiFi connection information and passwords between PiCore boot Ups?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •