Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Holy smoke. I loaded more music on the Pi, have been listening while working, and the sound quality is very impressive. The sound seems to have more detail and depth than an iPod, even using FLAC on the Pi versus WAV on the iPod. This is the result I’d hoped for. Great work, Pi people, DAC people and PiCore player people!

New issue...

I tried my picoreplayer in my shop, which isn't able to connect to LMS. I don't want the player to use LMS all the time to access music on the network. I need it to be able to read the files on the ext4 partition when being used as a standalone player. Without being connected to the laptop, the player couldn't find any of the music. I booted it up in the house, with the laptop on and the squeezelite browser configuration page up. I turned off the LMS autostart, and rebooted the pi. It shows the picoreplayer library, but it seems to think it's an LMS remote library and doesn't show any music that's loaded on the ext4 partition. When I click on the library "picoreplayer", it brings up a "connecting to picoreplayer", and it can't find the files. It seems to think that the picoreplayer is a remote library.

How do I get pcp to look at the files on the pi without the pi connected to the network?

Do I need to run LMS on the pi at all, if I want a standalone player?
    Last edited by AirFiero; 2019-06-04 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFiero View Post
    New issue...

I tried my picoreplayer in my shop, which isn't able to connect to LMS. I don't want the player to use LMS all the time to access music on the network. I need it to be able to read the files on the ext4 partition when being used as a standalone player. Without being connected to the laptop, the player couldn't find any of the music. I booted it up in the house, with the laptop on and the squeezelite browser configuration page up. I turned off the LMS autostart, and rebooted the pi. It shows the picoreplayer library, but it seems to think it's an LMS remote library and doesn't show any music that's loaded on the ext4 partition. When I click on the library "picoreplayer", it brings up a "connecting to picoreplayer", and it can't find the files. It seems to think that the picoreplayer is a remote library.

How do I get pcp to look at the files on the pi without the pi connected to the network?

The beast you've given birth to needs to be connected to a wireless network to play music files stored on your Pi.

Once it's connected to a network, you need to bring up the piCorePlayer web gui on a PC, laptop, tablet, phone, whatever, and start LMS.

Once LMS has started, the player part of your beast (squeezelite) should automatically connect to LMS. You then need to open a web browser on a PC, laptop, tablet, phone, whatever, and type in the "IPaddressofyourPi:9000" to bring up the LMS webgui, to control your player (squeezelite).
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

It absolutely needs to run LMS to play music stored locally. The device must also be connected to a network, or at a minimum running AP mode, so that you can connect to it to control it.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It absolutely needs to run LMS to play music stored locally. The device must also be connected to a network, or at a minimum running AP mode, so that you can connect to it to control it.
    Ah, so technically, it *can't* operate as a standalone player like an iPod. That's a very important piece of information. And I'm assuming there's no workaround? No scripting or module that could be plugged in?

Assuming there is no workaround, I do have a possible solution. Can the "network" be emulated by a phone or iPad using wifi tethering or NFC? I could then control the player from the phone or other device, leaving the Pi to do it's one and only job - play music. This would also solve the issue with the small 4.3 inch screen being a bit of a bear use with a finger on the relatively small controls on the touch screen.

Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

I'm only on page two of the five pages, but it appears that workarounds are possible.

Once again, Jeff for the score and an assist to Paul.

Don't read too much of the early pages, that was before AP mode was created on pCP.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Don't read too much of the early pages, that was before AP mode was created on pCP.
    So...this method *won’t* work any more?

So...this method *won’t* work any more?
    My reading of it is that pCP with built-in AP mode makes it easier.
    One of the posts says that LMS (on the pCP machine) works when device is in AP mode.
    So ... install LMS on the same pCP system (using the pCP menu to do it) and then point LMS to the locally stored music files.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin