Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Write access to LMS mounted USB stick?

I have LMS music folders/files on a 128GB USB stick (formatted FAT). I would like to remotely write new files to the stick but the permissions on the mount point are read only; write by anyone other than root is not allowed.

I don't really like Samba so would like to avoid installing it.

What I DO like is Filezilla using sftp. So far it is the best program I have found for moving stuff between linux and Windoze.

So my question is - what would be a correct permission modification for the USB mount point and how could I make it persistent across reboots of PcP?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    I have LMS music folders/files on a 128GB USB stick (formatted FAT). I would like to remotely write new files to the stick but the permissions on the mount point are read only; write by anyone other than root is not allowed.

I don't really like Samba so would like to avoid installing it.

What I DO like is Filezilla using sftp. So far it is the best program I have found for moving stuff between linux and Windoze.

So my question is - what would be a correct permission modification for the USB mount point and how could I make it persistent across reboots of PcP?

Thanks
    There was an issue with fat mounts under pCP 3.20....EXT4, or ntfs was fine. 3.21 is just about ready, and should resolve that.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    There was an issue with fat mounts under pCP 3.20....EXT4, or ntfs was fine. 3.21 is just about ready, and should resolve that.
    Excellent! I can wait :-)

Thanks!

LMS on Pi Zero W - store music on SD Card

Best Option is what Jeff said, but If you really must store on the SD card, the best way would be to create a 3rd partition.

From a fresh image, only expand the main pCP partion (mmcblk0p2) to about 200MB, then create a 3rd partition on the SDcard to use the rest of the space. Make the partition formatted ext4. You will have to manually mount the partition in bootlocal.sh, mount it before the pcp startup.
    Sorry to resurrect an old note, but I just got 3.21 running on a Pi Zero W and wanted to see if LMS would run on it. I understand it is preferable to use USB storage, but this is a bit of a pain on a Zero. (You can find sticks with micro USB connectors but they bump into the power connector). Trying to keep this as minimal a footprint as possible without external cables, etc.

Since I have a good sized SD card with empty space, I was wondering if (once I create a large ext4 partition) the partition could be mounted via a user command in the Tweaks section of the GUI - or is this too late in the boot process?

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect an old note, but I just got 3.21 running on a Pi Zero W and wanted to see if LMS would run on it. I understand it is preferable to use USB storage, but this is a bit of a pain on a Zero. (You can find sticks with micro USB connectors but they bump into the power connector). Trying to keep this as minimal a footprint as possible without external cables, etc.

Since I have a good sized SD card with empty space, I was wondering if (once I create a large ext4 partition) the partition could be mounted via a user command in the Tweaks section of the GUI - or is this too late in the boot process?

Thanks

That is too late in the boot process. With the Zero, what works best is to use a USB Hub with ethernet port on it. You will just need to load usb-net-KERNEL.tcz

But I suppose I can look at mounting /dev/mmcblk0p3...

Thanks
    I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do, but you would be offered an option to expand the file system to use the full capacity of your sd card when you install LMS.

Then you can make a directory on mnt/mmcblk0p2 that can hold your music files. I think that would be all, but as you know the setup would be safer if you used an external USB storage.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Just to follow up on this, I did an in situ update to 3.21 on my pi 3+Allo Boss+official display (which went flawlessly, BTW) and can now remotely write files to the USB mount point fat drive. I am using Filezilla to transfer music files from Windows 10 via sftp. I believe there is a Mac version as well. I like this option better than using Samba.

Thanks!

Lost saving at reboot

Hi Guys,

I understand everything is running from ram, but I trying to calibrate my touchscreen and followed a tuto found here http://www.pughx2.com/picore320.html.

I do successfully have calibrated it by typing

sudo TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb1 TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0 /usr/local/bin/ts_calibrate

and then

sudo filetool.sh -b

But every time I reboot I lost my previous calibration and no touch only the screen...
    Can anyone tell what am I doing wrong here?

saving lost at reboot with my piCorePlayer ...

#piCorePlayer version
    PIVERS="piCorePlayer 3.21"

Thanks guys for your help

Serge

What is the output of ts_calibrate? Where is the calibration data saved?

You have to specify the files that are backed.

Take a look at /opt/.filetool.lst

Thanks Paul
    I will look for where the data are set and add the path to /opt/.filetool.lst
    Srv

What is the output of ts_calibrate? Where is the calibration data saved?

You have to specify the files that are backed.

Take a look at /opt/.filetool.lst