Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

New crop of Squeezebox hardware players

Some clues here ... but helps to speak Polish
    http://www.audiostereo.pl/raspberry-.../page__st__840
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-03-08 at 09:27.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

For quick volume, ff, rw, next, previous duties we still have two fully functioning Logitech Duet Controllers! Because they have no other function they never go walkabout and they even tend to stay in their charging docks (which is amazing given the main users are teenagers). For text searching though we use iPeng on our iOS devices and Orange Squeeze on Android.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: 3 x piCorePlayers with two Duets, one no longer in active service.
    Server: Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
    Network: TP-Link Archer VR200 router, 3 x Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh access points (amazing!).
    Livingroom: Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Kitchen: piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.
    Dining: piCorePlayer, second hand Cambridge amp and speakers.
    Portable: piCorePlayer with LMS and copy music library.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    As the Musical Fidelity M6 Encore 225 is running Squeezeplay I thought I'd try downloading the MF Encore app from the Play Store to see if it would work with my Squeezebox system and it does ! All my devices are listed and operate normally.

The app is nicely designed with a very clean interface and a choice of dark or light themes. It's quite similar to the old Logitech app (which no longer works on recent Android versions) so is a good free replacement for that (but only if you use LMS, it doesn't work with Squeezebox.com).

There are some nice features too, when the main app is off-screen there is a mini player on the notification bar, if you have Squeeze Player installed then it starts automatically when then Encore app starts and you can download songs from your server to your phone/tablet.

I would say that of all the Squeezebox apps I have (and I have most of them !) this is one of the more intuitive, especially when in horizontal mode.

The app is also available for Apple devices but all my Apple stuff is too old to work with it (IOS 8 is required) so I wasn't able to try it.

Definitely worth a try !
    I've tried the iOS app. It connects and shows my players and artwork, but then less than 5 seconds in, it hangs then complains that it can't connect to my server.
    I'm wondering if it's been crippled for non-official MF devices?
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    I've tried the iOS app. It connects and shows my players and artwork, but then less than 5 seconds in, it hangs then complains that it can't connect to my server.
    I'm wondering if it's been crippled for non-official MF devices?
    The Android version is from 2017 and doesn't work at all on Android 10.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

does yours encore downsamples everything to 24/48 just like mine?
    Last edited by micindev; 2020-10-26 at 08:36.