Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    No, despite looking I couldn't find it. How about posting that link directly? That Hungarian page makes me wish I had whatever stuff those guys were smoking.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=945476039
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2017-02-09 at 13:19.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Thanks! What a list - a lot of it originally recorded on tape, with (maybe) a 13 to 14 bit SNR, most of the rest on digital, probably 48 kHz sample rate.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

TIDAL/Masters Inventory

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    Note link to list/spreadsheet compiled by Roon users of 1,400 albums in TIDAL/Masters.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=945476039
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.6 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    That Hungarian page makes me wish I had whatever stuff those guys were smoking.
    Have you ever considered being creative and moving your juvenile protest movement to your own thread?

Or did you already try that and no one showed up?

Just remember, Mother still loves you.

Name:  momi2.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  76.0 KB
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2017-02-10 at 08:11.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.6 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Have you ever considered being creative and moving your protest movement to your own thread?

Or did you already try that and no one showed up?

Just remember, Mother still loves you.

Name:  momi2.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  76.0 KB
    Does it not bother you that most recordings going truogh the process is the same old analog and low res digital recordings (48kHz original sample rate in the studio ) they already sold to us as SACD DVDA and HD tracks downloads ( up-sampled to 96 or192 ) ? No true hirez pedigree hence can not really benefit.
    It's the same issue as with HD downloads . It's only considerable if the original recordings is a true hirez recording to begin with .
    For example 2L and AIX .
    There must be real ultrasonic content in the original signal it's that content that get MQA encoded .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Have you ever considered being creative and moving your protest movement to your own thread?
    If you feel MQA needs to be defended, please feel free to do it, but preferably using rational, fact-based arguments rather than childish personal attacks. I also (again) suggest you do it in the "audiophile" subforum.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Conjecture(s) Based on Faulty Assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Does it not bother you that most recordings going truogh the process is the same old analog and low res digital recordings (48kHz original sample rate in the studio ) they already sold to us as SACD DVDA and HD tracks downloads ( up-sampled to 96 or192 ) ? No true hirez pedigree hence can not really benefit.
    It's the same issue as with HD downloads . It's only considerable if the original recordings is a true hirez recording to begin with .
    For example 2L and AIX .
    There must be real ultrasonic content in the original signal it's that content that get MQA encoded .
    Not sure who your comment is directed to Mnyb?

Doesn't it bother you (or whoever) that you've developed an opinion not based in fact but rather speculation and conjecture? Unless you've spoken directly with Content Providers/Partners (http://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/our-partners), you don't know the profile of the original, i.e. best studio master. If MQA makes "old analog and low res digital recordings" sound better, then MQA would be my choice. It's really a basic "cost/benefit" decision.

MQA represents that Content Providers use the highest quality original for creating the MQA edition. In every A/B comparison I've listened to via TIDAL streaming, the MQA version is superior SQ. If I purchased music rather than exclusively streamed, I'd be forced to accept the reality that Content Providers are going to keep pace with emerging audio technology. If I felt there was little-to-no improvement, I simply voted with my feet--i.e. stick with what I have and don't patronize the latest and greatest. This is really common sense.

Nearly 50 responses but no answer to OP question yet=no hope?
    Must consider a different streamer I guess..........

Quote Originally Posted by terjehaa View Post
    Nearly 50 responses but no answer to OP question yet=no hope?
    Must consider a different streamer I guess..........
    The problem is that any developers still active on this site that are technically capable of doing this are probably also technical capable enough to see that MQA is a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by utgg View Post
    The problem is that any developers still active on this site that are technically capable of doing this are probably also technical capable enough to see that MQA is a waste of time...
    Yup, you're probably right and my interest was only to test the MQA hype......... and was hoping it could be fixed pretty easily but maybe not
    My SBT is doing a great jo on all other areas so I'll probably keep it for a long time still