Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    LMS won't send audio to Max2Play running on Raspberry Pi [Details inside]

    Background Info

    My LMS runs on a HP Proliant N54L that runs Open Media Vault.

    I installed LMS last week and have had it running for the last week and had no issues.

    This morning when I turn on my server and try to send some audio to my Raspberry Pi Running Max2Play I get a couple of issues.

    Issue 1

    I can see to available clients to send the audio to

    Name:  2 clients.png
Views: 597
Size:  13.0 KB

    If I select the top client all my music disappears from LMS. I then have to go through the install Wizard but I can only see the file structure of my Raspberry Pi and can no longer access the files on my Media server

    If I select 'Yes' the screen disappears but I have not connected to the Max2Play client.

    Name:  switch.png
Views: 584
Size:  20.6 KB

    Questions
    • Can anyone help me fix these issues?
    • How do I remove the duplicate / incorrect client from displaying in LMS?
    • How can I get my music streaming properly again?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,320
    Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    Background Info

    My LMS runs on a HP Proliant N54L that runs Open Media Vault.

    I installed LMS last week and have had it running for the last week and had no issues.

    This morning when I turn on my server and try to send some audio to my Raspberry Pi Running Max2Play I get a couple of issues.

    Issue 1

    I can see to available clients to send the audio to

    Name:  2 clients.png
Views: 597
Size:  13.0 KB

    If I select the top client all my music disappears from LMS. I then have to go through the install Wizard but I can only see the file structure of my Raspberry Pi and can no longer access the files on my Media server

    If I select 'Yes' the screen disappears but I have not connected to the Max2Play client.

    Name:  switch.png
Views: 584
Size:  20.6 KB

    Questions
    • Can anyone help me fix these issues?
    • How do I remove the duplicate / incorrect client from displaying in LMS?
    • How can I get my music streaming properly again?
    No time to really read but maybe the router has changed the max2play IP address

  3. #3
    Senior Member Max2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    155
    Hi luke,
    Please try renaming your Max2Play device. Also, make sure you do not have another Squeezebox Server installed on the M2P device that interferes with your server.

    For more detailed and direct help, you can also post in our technical support forums.

  4. #4
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,520
    You seem to have LMS installed on your Pi, this is the max2play in bold in your screeshot, if you haven't configured a music library on this LMS instance, you should switch it off.

    You may need to go through selecting and clicking "yes" for the max2play (player) a couple of times until it eventually connects to LMS on your HP Proliant N54L.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi luke,
    Please try renaming your Max2Play device. Also, make sure you do not have another Squeezebox Server installed on the M2P device that interferes with your server.

    For more detailed and direct help, you can also post in our technical support forums.
    Renaming my device fixed the problem. Thank @Max2Play!

    Can I ask another question?

    I now have my Raspberry Pi Playing running Max2Play playing music in my lounge. Would it be possible to run Max2Play on my Mac so I can also send the music to my computer?

    Thanks again for alll your help

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You seem to have LMS installed on your Pi, this is the max2play in bold in your screeshot, if you haven't configured a music library on this LMS instance, you should switch it off.

    You may need to go through selecting and clicking "yes" for the max2play (player) a couple of times until it eventually connects to LMS on your HP Proliant N54L.
    Hi @kidstypike,

    I am not sure what the issue was,

    I renamed the Max2Play device and this seemed to clear up the issue (see the screenshot below). Is there anything else I need to do to remove the instance of LMS installed on the Pi?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 16.07.42.png
Views: 453
Size:  12.8 KB

  7. #7
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    Hi @kidstypike,

    I am not sure what the issue was,

    I renamed the Max2Play device and this seemed to clear up the issue (see the screenshot below). Is there anything else I need to do to remove the instance of LMS installed on the Pi?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 16.07.42.png
Views: 453
Size:  12.8 KB
    Is LMS actually installed on your pi? In the M2P interface click on the Squeezebox Server tab, all settings are there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Is LMS actually installed on your pi? In the M2P interface click on the Squeezebox Server tab, all settings are there.
    I think you have helped me identify the issue. I can see that my Raspberry Pi is running an instance of Squeezebox Server.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 16.44.08.png
Views: 437
Size:  21.3 KB

    I guess I don't need this as I am running Logitech Media Server on a different computer?

    Question

    What do I need to do to remove / disable the Squeezebox Server on the Raspberry Pi?

    Thank you for your help with this @kidstypike

  9. #9
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    I think you have helped me identify the issue. I can see that my Raspberry Pi is running an instance of Squeezebox Server.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 16.44.08.png
Views: 437
Size:  21.3 KB

    I guess I don't need this as I am running Logitech Media Server on a different computer?

    Question

    What do I need to do to remove / disable the Squeezebox Server on the Raspberry Pi?

    Thank you for your help with this @kidstypike
    I don't know how you would uninstall LMS, as this is something I have never done. I use max2play on a Pi as my LMS server.

    I suppose uncheck "Autostart Squeezebox Server" then click the save button. Then click the "stop Squeezebox server" button will suffice until someone else chimes in.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2017-01-06 at 10:40.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  10. #10
    Senior Member Max2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    155
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for chiming in, kidstypike.

    Regarding Mac: We do not offer an image for the Mac. However, you install any kind software running a Squeeze player and the LMS should recognize it and be able to synchronize it with the other players. I have not tested it, but this should suffice: http://www.easysqueezebox.com/index....ac-windows-pc/

    Regarding your LMS installation: We do not have an uninstall feature. However, the existing one does not impede on your Raspberry's performance with the other plugins and features of Max2Play. As kidstypike mentioned, deleting the autostart and stopping it suffices. If you really want to get rid of the server, we recommend burning a fresh image and not installing it then.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •