Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Need help installing plugins. [Details inside].

Hello,

I am new to this forum and completely new to Logitech Media Server (LMS).

I have recently installed LMS on my HP Proliant N54L microserver which runs Open Media Vault.

I would like to add plugins to LMS that allow me to stream podcasts.

Can someone tell me the steps I need to follow to install plugins or link me to some documentation?

Any help, advice or guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and completely new to Logitech Media Server (LMS).

I have recently installed LMS on my HP Proliant N54L microserver which runs Open Media Vault.

I would like to add plugins to LMS that allow me to stream podcasts.

Can someone tell me the steps I need to follow to install plugins or link me to some documentation?

Any help, advice or guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    go to lms web interface. Lower right side click on SETTINGS. Then click on plugins tab. On that page scroll down and tick the show 3rd party plugins. Then tick the plugins you want to add and then apply button at bottom of page.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    go to lms web interface. Lower right side click on SETTINGS. Then click on plugins tab. On that page scroll down and tick the show 3rd party plugins. Then tick the plugins you want to add and then apply button at bottom of page.
    @garym,

And that is all I need to do? ........ That almost seems to easy?

Is there a risk that installing plugins could break my server?

How reliable are the plugins and the install process?

Is it recommended / do most people back up before installing a new plugin or am I being overly cautious?

@garym,

And that is all I need to do? ........ That almost seems to easy?

Is there a risk that installing plugins could break my server?

How reliable are the plugins and the install process?

Is it recommended / do most people back up before installing a new plugin or am I being overly cautious?
    Yep. Simple. And if you want to uninstall a plugin just untick it and click apply. Nothing to worry about.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Yep. Simple. And if you want to uninstall a plugin just untick it and click apply. Nothing to worry about.
    Wow I can't believe it is that simple! It worked perfectly thank you for your expert help

I now have another problem, I can see a section for podcasts appear in the web interface but my Podcast list is empty, is there any easy way to get Logitech Media Server to find the and stream the podcasts?

Thank you for your continued support, it is greatly appreciated.

Wow I can't believe it is that simple! It worked perfectly thank you for your expert help

I now have another problem, I can see a section for podcasts appear in the web interface but my Podcast list is empty, is there any easy way to get Logitech Media Server to find the and stream the podcasts?

Thank you for your continued support, it is greatly appreciated.
    Find the urls with the RSS feeds for the podcasts you are interested in with google. For example search "marketplace podcast rss" to find the link for the marketplace feed. Then go to lms - Settings - podcast tab and paste the URL in the right box.

Find the urls with the RSS feeds for the podcasts you are interested in with google. For example search "marketplace podcast rss" to find the link for the marketplace feed. Then go to lms - Settings - podcast tab and paste the URL in the right box.
    It's all very easy when you know how! Thank you so much for guiding me with this.

Just another quick follow up question,

Are the podcasts being downloaded to my server?

Will I need to delete them periodically to free up space?

Thank you again for supporting me get things set up, having a place and community like this makes things so much simpler for a n00b like me

It's all very easy when you know how! Thank you so much for guiding me with this.

Just another quick follow up question,

Are the podcasts being downloaded to my server?

Will I need to delete them periodically to free up space?

Thank you again for supporting me get things set up, having a place and community like this makes things so much simpler for a n00b like me
    No, they are not being downloaded. They are just being streamed across the internet.