Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    I paid ú69.99 for the Charcoal grille (cloth) version - ú20 discount from normal price. I'm not convinced voice activation/control is really that useful but thought it was worth a try to find out what it's like in practice.
    I think I might email Amazon and see if I can get a ú20 refund ( not holding my breath ) to be honest unless there is a way to control LMS from the echo it will stay a nerdy toy for me - a bit of fun and nothing more.
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I think I might email Amazon and see if I can get a ú20 refund ( not holding my breath ) to be honest unless there is a way to control LMS from the echo it will stay a nerdy toy for me - a bit of fun and nothing more.
    You could return it and rebuy at the lower price.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You could return it and rebuy at the lower price.

Good idea - not getting any joy trying to get the plugin it seems it's only available to testers and it doesn't look like he's accepting any new ones :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    Good idea - not getting any joy trying to get the plugin it seems it's only available to testers and it doesn't look like he's accepting any new ones :-(
    This was from a post on Nov 3rd

"Thanks for the offer. I ask people to send their details via PM here but I think you need a certain post count before you can do so.

Otherwise, people can contact me directly: admin at hab-tunes dot com"

I wouldn't give up yet.

"Thanks for the offer. I ask people to send their details via PM here but I think you need a certain post count before you can do so.

I wouldn't give up yet.

I've emailed him thanks for your help

I wouldn't give up yet.

Good result ! received email from the dev and he's added me to the upcoming beta group - and I went on to Amazon chat and they gave me a ú20 refund - happy days !!!

Hi All

Don't give up just yet!

It's been oh so quiet on the Alexa dev. front of late due to other work stuff taking up a lot of time. I know I've been saying that for a while but it's true!

I still need to finish out the feature set for the established Alpha test group. I'm not taking anyone new into that group at the moment as I want the people who are familiar with the skill and plugin to help finish it out (ie I don't want to spend time right now going over basics with new testers).

Once we get the alpha working, I'll be opening up to a wider beta group with a view to improving stability and getting language versions back on track.

I'm heartened by the number of people who've been contacting me seeking access to the test phase. There's obviously an appetite within the SB community for this kind of add on.

If you want to get involved in the upcoming beta, send me a PM here or email to admin at hab-tunes dot com. (just posting on this thread is unlikely to work as I won't be trawling through pages of posts to pick out applicants). If you've already done that and I've responded, happy days. If you didn't get a response, I've missed you for some reason so please try again.

Stay tuned!

Peter

ALEXA LMS SKILL: http://www.hab-tunes.com | Twitter: #habtunes
    Personal HA BLOG: http://mediaserver8.blogspot.com

Squeezebox | Squeezebox Radio x 2 | Squeezebox Duet

Quote Originally Posted by meep View Post
    Hi All

Don't give up just yet!

It's been oh so quiet on the Alexa dev. front of late due to other work stuff taking up a lot of time. I know I've been saying that for a while but it's true!

I still need to finish out the feature set for the established Alpha test group. I'm not taking anyone new into that group at the moment as I want the people who are familiar with the skill and plugin to help finish it out (ie I don't want to spend time right now going over basics with new testers).

Once we get the alpha working, I'll be opening up to a wider beta group with a view to improving stability and getting language versions back on track.

I'm heartened by the number of people who've been contacting me seeking access to the test phase. There's obviously an appetite within the SB community for this kind of add on.

If you want to get involved in the upcoming beta, send me a PM here or email to admin at hab-tunes dot com. (just posting on this thread is unlikely to work as I won't be trawling through pages of posts to pick out applicants). If you've already done that and I've responded, happy days. If you didn't get a response, I've missed you for some reason so please try again.

Stay tuned!

Peter
    Hi Peter, glad to see you are back at it - any idea when you're going to push it to us expectants ?

Hello, I use a Multiroom audio system based on the LMS. It is used in combination with Loxone. It runs on a NUC and is called music server 4 Lox. Now I want to test my system with the Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa. What do I need for test this? I have already registered on hab-tunes.com.

if you have loxone, you can install some basic controls for your lms zone into loxone, and use the voxior skill to control loxone - eg play, pause, volume up etc etc. voxior is relatively expensive, but should give you control of loxone not just lms via google and amazon simultaneously with ios to come soon

vixior seems to be 1/2 price at the moment - around ú100 for 3 years.