Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member sc53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    225

    Who wants a Boom for parts?

    I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
    Bedroom ~ Boom
    Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
    Office ~ Boom
    Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
    Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    I'm interested, but a quick question: why couldn't you replace the display?
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  3. #3
    Senior Member sc53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    225
    The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
    Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
    Bedroom ~ Boom
    Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
    Office ~ Boom
    Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
    Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
    Thanks - how much do you want for it? (excluding shipping)
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  5. #5

    Seeking a boom front panel.

    I see it's been 4 years since anyone posted to this thread.

    I'm seeking a dead Squeezebox Boom to salvage the front panel. Although I've managed to fix what I broke, it's still kind of fragile, and so I'd like to do a face transplant.

    If you have a dead Squeezebox Boom that you'd like to be rid of, reply via private message.

    -Bill
    a.k.a. Poetnerd
    LMS 7.9 - 2xSB2, 2xBoom, 2xKodi, Ocean Digital WR2300S, Denon AVR-X6200W, SHIELD Android TV

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by wcattey View Post
    I see it's been 4 years since anyone posted to this thread.

    I'm seeking a dead Squeezebox Boom to salvage the front panel. Although I've managed to fix what I broke, it's still kind of fragile, and so I'd like to do a face transplant.

    If you have a dead Squeezebox Boom that you'd like to be rid of, reply via private message.

    -Bill
    a.k.a. Poetnerd
    I just sent you a PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •