Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sc53
    • Nov 2006

Who wants a Boom for parts?

I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
    Bedroom ~ Boom
    Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
    Office ~ Boom
    Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
    Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Originally posted by sc53
    I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    I'm interested, but a quick question: why couldn't you replace the display?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• sc53
      • Nov 2006

The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
      Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
      Bedroom ~ Boom
      Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
      Office ~ Boom
      Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
      Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

Originally posted by sc53
        The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
        Thanks - how much do you want for it? (excluding shipping)
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• wcattey
          • Sep 2006

Seeking a boom front panel.

I see it's been 4 years since anyone posted to this thread.

I'm seeking a dead Squeezebox Boom to salvage the front panel. Although I've managed to fix what I broke, it's still kind of fragile, and so I'd like to do a face transplant.

If you have a dead Squeezebox Boom that you'd like to be rid of, reply via private message.

-Bill
          a.k.a. Poetnerd
          LMS 7.9 - 2xSB2, 2xBoom, 2xKodi, Ocean Digital WR2300S, Denon AVR-X6200W, SHIELD Android TV

Comment

• pic
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by wcattey
            I see it's been 4 years since anyone posted to this thread.

I'm seeking a dead Squeezebox Boom to salvage the front panel. Although I've managed to fix what I broke, it's still kind of fragile, and so I'd like to do a face transplant.

If you have a dead Squeezebox Boom that you'd like to be rid of, reply via private message.

-Bill
            a.k.a. Poetnerd
            I just sent you a PM

Comment

Working...