announce: ShairTunes2W - Airtunes on LMS (forked version with Windows support)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • streampunk
    • Nov 2016

Thanks Philippe, seems I've got a little bit confused by the different threads.
    Well, so I'm right here with my little problem: I've been sucessfully running SqueezeCenter 1.3 for a couple of days on my WD MyCloud Ex4 NAS (Arm. However, when it comes to installing ShairTunes, I get errors:

When using http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...44/repo-sf.xml as repo, "ShairTunes2 (fork)" gets available for selection. After selecting and saving, "ShairTunes2 (fork)" v.35.3 appears (unselected) in the "Updateted plugins available" section.
    After selecting/activating and saving again, it appears in the plugin list with the comment "plugin could not be loaded".

Reading the instructions in the documentation:
    Code:
    To install the plugin first - then install the dependancies:
    Linux:
    > apt-get install libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl libwww-perl avahi-utils libio-socket-ssl-perl
    > wget http://www.inf.udec.cl/~diegocaro/rpi/libnet-sdp-perl_0.07-1_all.deb
    > dpkg -i libnet-sdp-perl_0.07-1_all.deb
    I suspect that the reason are missing perl modules, but as the WD Linux ("castrated" Debian/Busybox) comes without apt and my Linux skills are still to weak to install either apt or the required perl files manually, I'm lost.

Can anybody give me a hint how to proceed?

System information:
    Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012
    Hostname: WDMyCloudEX4
    IP address of server: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    Server-HTTP-Portnumber: 9001
    Architecture arm-linux
    Perl-Version: 5.10.0 - arm-linux
    Database version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Thanks in advance & best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

Comment

• castalla
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by streampunk
      After selecting/activating and saving again, it appears in the plugin list with the comment "plugin could not be loaded".
      Martin
      Get the same message when I tried to install ....
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

My version does not require any extra installation, but I think the problem is different. I assume the WD is a power PC CPU, right? If this is the case, the issue is that I don't have built a PowerPC version of the helper program or the libraries, hence it refuses to load. There in and endianness difference that makes things difficult for me here
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• castalla
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by philippe_44
          My version does not require any extra installation, but I think the roblem is different. I assume the WD is a power PC CPU, right? If this is the case, the issue is that I don't have built a PowerPC version of the helper program or the libraries, hence it refuses to load
          So, must be same issue for me.

Debian
          Platform Architecture: i686-linux

on Jogggler ‎1.3GHz Intel Atom Z520
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• streampunk
            • Nov 2016

I assume the WD is a power PC CPU, right?
            Google says it's got Marvell Kirkwood 88F6282A1 @ 2.0 GHz (single-core) as CPU
            Regards
            Martin

Comment

• philippe_44
              • May 2008

So should be a different problem then. The plugin is quite large, did you wait a few minutes between installation and restart of lms? If not, then you have a corrupted partial download in the cache directory that you must manually delete. Set as well info or debug log in LMS for the plugin loader piece and post here what you see

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
              LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• streampunk
                • Nov 2016

did you wait a few minutes between installation and restart of lms?
                I'm afaid I wasn't aware that I had to wait. When the restart window popped up, I hit OK.

If not, then you have a corrupted partial download in the cache directory that you must manually delete. Set as well info or debug log in LMS for the plugin loader piece and post here what you see.
                Is there any documentation where the plugin cache directory is located and where the LMS debugging options can be set? http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...file_locations didn't help me to find it.
                Best regards
                Martin

Comment

• streampunk
                  • Nov 2016

found /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/logitechmediaserver-7.7.2/Cache/DownloadedPlugins, but it is empty.
                  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/logitechmediaserver-7.7.2/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins contains "Raop Bridge", which I also had tried to install.
                  ?

Comment

• castalla
                    • Feb 2008

So should be a different problem then. The plugin is quite large, did you wait a few minutes between installation and restart of lms? If not, then you have a corrupted partial download in the cache directory that you must manually delete. Set as well info or debug log in LMS for the plugin loader piece and post here what you see

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
                    Strange - the plugin comes at about 5.7 - wait at least 5 min before restart. Plugin listed with empty checkbox - Plugin failed to load.

Can't find any reference to plugin loader in logging settings (???)

Comment

• philippe_44
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by castalla
                      Strange - the plugin comes at about 5.7 - wait at least 5 min before restart. Plugin listed with empty checkbox - Plugin failed to load.

Can't find any reference to plugin loader in logging settings (???)
                      Usually I try that

- (plugin.extensions) - Extension Downloader
                      - (server.plugins) - Plugin Module Loading

Can you also tell me which Perl version you're using? (int he LMS infos)**[edit]: oh crap, I saw that you use a 7.7.2 and Perl 5.10. My additional binaries do not support that. You need 5.14 or 5.20 to be able to use the built-in binaries; LMS 7.7.6 have all these right. Otherwise, you need to recompile some openSSL to Perl connectors
                      Last edited by philippe_44; 2016-11-05, 18:33.

Comment

• castalla
                        • Feb 2008

Usually I try that

- (plugin.extensions) - Extension Downloader
                        - (server.plugins) - Plugin Module Loading

Can you also tell me which Perl version you're using? (int he LMS infos)
                        Hope this helps:

Perl Version: 5.18.2 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
                        Attached Files

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

Just to elaborate :
                          Originally posted by streampunk
                          > apt-get install libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl libwww-perl avahi-utils libio-socket-ssl-perl
                          - avahi not needed
                          - only the crypto openssl lib installation is needed but it would be surprising that it's not installed on your system, the rest is provided by the plugin now, UNLESS you use a Perl version that is neither 5.14 or 5.20 in which case you need, using Perl's CPAN, to install Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA (see the structure in the LMS ShairTunes2W plugin directory under ./lib/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int to have an idea of what are the missing binaries. Note that if you manage to install them using CPAN, you do not need to add anything in this ./lib directory)
                          > wget http://www.inf.udec.cl/~diegocaro/rp...0.07-1_all.deb
                          This is not needed anymore

Comment

• philippe_44
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by castalla
                            Hope this helps:

Perl Version: 5.18.2 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
                            crap ... how come you ended with Perl 5.18? In that case, as I wrote in the post above, you must have the RSA piece of the Crypto lib of Perl installed, as I only provide a compiled version for 5.14 and 5.20

Comment

• castalla
                              • Feb 2008

crap ... how come you ended with Perl 5.18? In that case, as I wrote in the post above, you must have the RSA piece of the Crypto lib of Perl installed, as I only provide a compiled version for 5.14 and 5.20
                              No idea! Does Perl come with the OS or is it part of LMS ?

I assume that simply doing

> wget http://www.inf.udec.cl/~diegocaro/rp...0.07-1_all.deb

will fix the problem ?

Comment

• streampunk
                                • Nov 2016

Even worse, WD Ex4 has "Perl-Version: 5.10.0 - arm-linux", and I have no clue how to update this.

Comment

Working...