Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

announce: ShairTunes2W - Airtunes on LMS (forked version with Windows support)

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Seems like Apple are saying their lossless files are ALAC ranging from 44/16 to 48/24, so that lower 44/16 end would, at least in theory, be better than the regular Spotify files I'm hearing at present.

But to repeat my question, is anyone actually using this, and if so what do you hear? And is there a way to tell the spec (44/16 or whatever) of the stream you're hearing?
    I’m the maintainer of the plugin. Audio is encoded to 44/16, for every test that I’ve ever logged and, I can check the code, but AFAIR, there are places where 44/16 is hard coded.

[edit]: confirmed, the capabilities are hardcoded at 44/16
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-07-27 at 23:27.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Iĺm the maintainer of the plugin. Audio is encoded to 44/16, for every test that Iĺve ever logged and, I can check the code, but AFAIR, there are places where 44/16 is hard coded.

[edit]: confirmed, the capabilities are hardcoded at 44/16
    Philippe, thanks, and apologies, I did realise you are the maintainer, so I certainly wasn't disputing your info.

My enquiry is intended to see if there is some way to stream those higher-res Apple Music files, somehow, from an Apple device to my DAC32.

It would be interesting, for example, to see if a 48/24 file really makes that much difference to my ears.

But if the only way is via shairtunes, and that tops out at 44/16, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Philippe, thanks, and apologies, I did realise you are the maintainer, so I certainly wasn't disputing your info.

My enquiry is intended to see if there is some way to stream those higher-res Apple Music files, somehow, from an Apple device to my DAC32.

It would be interesting, for example, to see if a 48/24 file really makes that much difference to my ears.

But if the only way is via shairtunes, and that tops out at 44/16, so be it.
    I won't go the slippery slope of sample rate & resolution flame war, let's say that my signal processing engineering background tells me 48/16 is perfect and 44/16 is absolutely enough .

If I can find the time, I'll see how AirPlay controllers react to device advertising 48 as a sample rate (in the mDNS TXT record https://nto.github.io/AirPlay.html)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Thanks Phillipe. Slippery slopes are not for me, either. Will give this scheme a try and report back.

Hi,

i compiled the latest git version of lms for omnios/solaris and installed the ShairTunes2W Plugin.

When i click on settings i get the following error:

404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/ShairTunes2W/settings/basic.html

Any clue, where i can fix that?

Greetings Reiner

Quote Originally Posted by urknall View Post
    Hi,

i compiled the latest git version of lms for omnios/solaris and installed the ShairTunes2W Plugin.

When i click on settings i get the following error:

404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/ShairTunes2W/settings/basic.html

Any clue, where i can fix that?

Greetings Reiner
    You need a set of crypto libs for LMS, with specific versions 0.30 for RSA and 0.06 for CryptX. Normally use:

cpan -T Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA
    cpan -T Crypt::Ed25519
    cpan -T CryptX

but you need with version number:

cpan -T TODDR/Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA-0.30.tar.gz
    cpan -T MIK/CryptX-0.060.tar.gz

- on Solaris and a few debian - arm & aarch64 now, need to specify mirror -M https://cpan.metacpan.org before the lib name
    - on FreeBSD, use cshrc instead of bashrc

Oh thank you very much, that was a quick answer, its working now, thumps up!