Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
    Quote Originally Posted by cbueche View Post
    Hello Philippe,

after my previous posts, I have tried to narrow down the issue of not being able to run this plugin in docker in bridge mode. It works in host mode, but I'm opinionated :-)

Despite having a large port list forwarded to the container (including 5353:5353/udp), I think there is something missing and it relates to the publishPlayer part. Looking at the code of ShairTunes2/plugin/Plugin.pm, there is this snippet :

Code:
    eval { $proc = Proc::Background->new( $shairtunes_helper, "-dns", "host", Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr(), $id, "_raop._tcp", @params ); };
    and then when looking at the resulting process with ps -ef :

Code:
    /config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Bin/shairport_helper-x64-linux -dns host 172.30.0.2 91C366DB3DF8@tube _raop._tcp 7405 tp=UDP sm=false sv=false ek=1 et=0,1 md=0,1,2 cn=0,1 ch=2 ss=16 sr=44100 pw=false vn=3 txtvers=1 am=shairtunes2
    So I think this is the issue : the publication uses Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr(), which in docker is not correct... instead of my host'IP of 192.168.20.7, it finds 172.30.0.2, which is docker's inside address.

I'm not sure what would be the best way here. An option to provide this IP that should be announced ? Maybe docker gurus can join in ?

EDIT: probably the easiest is to use an environment variable if present, and revert to Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr() if not.
    Problem is that your docker's IP address might change at anytime. I would need to know the NATed address, not easy from inside the plugin I think. I can always run some script as I'm sure docker provides a way to get that but candidly, my plate is full these days and most people are fine with host mode for LMS. In addition, understand that running a lot of my other applications (bridges for example) is difficult in bridge mode as they must listen to various TCP/UDP sockets and NAT will make it impossible there.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Problem is that your docker's IP address might change at anytime. I would need to know the NATed address, not easy from inside the plugin I think. I can always run some script as I'm sure docker provides a way to get that but candidly, my plate is full these days and most people are fine with host mode for LMS. In addition, understand that running a lot of my other applications (bridges for example) is difficult in bridge mode as they must listen to various TCP/UDP sockets and NAT will make it impossible there.
    Fully understood. Besides, after giving it a thought, I suppose multiple other plugins would have similar issues when running in bridge mode, so the problem will likely only be solved for this particular case. I can live with it, used Raspberries abound and one mode in my farm isn't that much of an issue.

Thanks for all your work !
    Charles

I'm coming back to LMS (8.0.0) after a long absence and it's really working well with the server on an i5 hackintosh and two rpi players using picoreplayer software (pi zero w and rpi4). For a long time I have wanted to stream music collection from Google Drive and File Stream and adding folders to LMS, this is working 100%. Everything is on Wifi.

I was wondering though if anyone can help me get Shairtunes up and running better so that the rest of my household can enjoy the setup? Ideally my family could use apps on their phones and pick Airplay endpoints. I have it all set up but when playing there are a usually drop outs and stuttering. I have started to monitor the log files on "Warning" and it just got erased but the messages were "Start Silence" and "on hold for too long". I have changed the settings to transcode to MP3 and increased http to 3000 but this doesn't seem to help much.

If it's any help I also have problems with streaming from a Spotify app using Spotify Connect (but Spotty is pretty rock solid).

Did you update to iOS14 or something like that? Where are you AirPlaying "from", what your LMS version, host OS, host system etc... You have to tell us a bit more
    Yes - I am om IOS14

I have tried several apps from the iphone - all gives the same issue.

LMS is "Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1604555568 @ Thu Nov 5 09:22:55 CET 2020"

I am running on an Ubuntu 18.04 on an x64 machine

Looking to see if I can get some help on this. I don't use ShairTunes a lot (only used to stream amazonmusicHD), but just noticed I can no longer get it to work on any of my devices (Touch, Radio, Slimdevice) with my iPhone. Last time I used it was probably end of the year or so. And since then I guess there have been various changes. Home network kept dropping wifi so we have a new router from Comcast, updated from 7.9.x to 8.1.2, phone is running latest iOS. I get the following message displayed on my Touch when I attempt connect via airplay:

"Connection reset by
    remote host
    airplay://10.0.0.169:54342/1"
    can't read the next line before it turns off

I had no issues using this on any of my devices before, and I don't remember having to make any adjustments on the router.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar19 View Post
    Looking to see if I can get some help on this. I don't use ShairTunes a lot (only used to stream amazonmusicHD), but just noticed I can no longer get it to work on any of my devices (Touch, Radio, Slimdevice) with my iPhone. Last time I used it was probably end of the year or so. And since then I guess there have been various changes. Home network kept dropping wifi so we have a new router from Comcast, updated from 7.9.x to 8.1.2, phone is running latest iOS. I get the following message displayed on my Touch when I attempt connect via airplay:

"Connection reset by
    remote host
    airplay://10.0.0.169:54342/1"
    can't read the next line before it turns off

I had no issues using this on any of my devices before, and I don't remember having to make any adjustments on the router.
    Router might drop multicast or do IGMP snooping
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Router might drop multicast or do IGMP snooping
    Is there a setting on the router I should look at?

Quote Originally Posted by superstar19 View Post
    Is there a setting on the router I should look at?
    Better to set the log for Shairtunes to "info" (in LMS settings, tab "advanced", item "logging", find item "plugin.shairtunes2W) and set as well "info" in the dedicated log (same place, but use item "Shairtunes2W" and you'll see a "Enable logging" line. You can also post a screenshot of that page of the plugin's settings.

Better to set the log for Shairtunes to "info" (in LMS settings, tab "advanced", item "logging", find item "plugin.shairtunes2W) and set as well "info" in the dedicated log (same place, but use item "Shairtunes2W" and you'll see a "Enable logging" line. You can also post a screenshot of that page of the plugin's settings.
    Thanks for the reply. I logged into the Server Settings and saw there was another update for the shairtunes plugin so I updated that as well as enabled the info logging. And wouldn't you know it, I now have no issues connecting!

Issue with IOS 14.4

Hi,

Since the 14.4 IOS upgrade on my IPhone 8 , I can't airplay to my squeezbox device (Rasp PI + LMS 8).

This is still possible from an another Iphone (IOS 12).

I read that there were airplay issues with the 14.4.

Is Shaitunes2 affected by such an issue ?

Regards,
    Last edited by Louroux45; Yesterday at 03:35. Reason: spelling