Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post

@scala
    - maybe you missed the above Can you remember any details on how you were able to install the needed dependencies?
    Hi! Most of the information you need is already available here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post810751.
    In case you need to install also Optware you can follow this link http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ht=#post835298 but pay attention that, if I remember well, installing Optware destroys some links inside the QNAP folder structure which are vital for LMS, thus you need to re-install LMS as well.
    Finally, to install the few libraries needed for Shairunes2w to works, you should basically follow the same procedure as for the YouTube plugin, reperated for each of the new libraries and compiling them with the following commands:

To install Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum
    OPENSSL_PREFIX=/opt ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL

To install Crypt::OpenSSL:Random
    ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL /LIBDIR /opt/lib /INCDIR /opt/include

To install Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA
    ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL LIBS="-L/opt/lib -lssl -lcrypto" INC="-I/opt/include"

(the latter command could be used also for ::Random)
    I made many trials, and I don't remember for sure, but I think I simply searched for the latest version of each of the libraries in CPAN, then copying the link of the .tar.gz file and using it as explained in the YouTube_plugin link

I hope this helps, the commands come from the sparse notes I took during my trials, and I'm really no expert of CPAN or Perl. But I should add: Shairtunes2W works like a charm!

PS: are you sure Containers do not work for you? I thought they were OK for all QNAPs with Intel CPUs. Because in fact I also tried it, for the fun, and if I were to start a new installation on QNAP I would definitely go for it, it's super easy and smooth.
    Last edited by scala; 2017-08-15 at 04:53.

Quote Originally Posted by scala View Post
    It all seems to work fine!
    In fact, it works directly with automatic helper selection, which I did not expect in my QNAP case. I will experiment more and "stress" it for a few days and report, but I will be away for the weekend...
    Bonjour Philippe, indeed I can confirm it works beautifully!
    Thank you for your support and for spending so much time on this and other plugins which are vital for continuing the LMS experience.

If I may add a last bit: with the introduction of the manual helper selection, the old routine which checked whether an helper had the executable permission set is not active anymore (at least in my case). After a few trials I realised that I had to manually chmod shairport_helper-x64-linux, and then all worked perfectly.

PS: I made my tests on 0.71.0 I think, I have no automatic updates set.
    Last edited by scala; 2017-08-15 at 04:54.

Hi! Most of the information you need is already available here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post810751.
    In case you need to install also Optware you can follow this link http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ht=#post835298 but pay attention that, if I remember well, installing Optware destroys some links inside the QNAP folder structure which are vital for LMS, thus you need to re-install LMS as well.
    Finally, to install the few libraries needed for Shairunes2w to works, you should basically follow the same procedure as for the YouTube plugin, reperated for each of the new libraries and compiling them with the following commands:

../../bin/perl Makefile.PL LIBS="-L/opt/lib -lssl -lcrypto" INC="-I/opt/include"

I made many trials, and I don't remember for sure, but I think I succeeded simply by searching for the latest version of each of them in CPAN, and then copying the link of the .tar.gz file and using it as explained in the YouTube_plugin link

I hope this helps, the commands come from the sparse notes I took during my trials. And I should add: Shairtunes2W works like a charm!
    Thanks! I'll look into those for sure. I think I did most of the steps already (as was explained on some post in this thread), but there were still some errors, with this list you provided I'm positive I can advance further

PS: are you sure Containers do not work for you? I thought they were OK for all QNAPs with Intel CPUs. Because in fact I also tried it, for the fun, and if I were to start a new installation on QNAP I would definitely go for it, it's super easy and smooth.
    I was looking forward for the container station when they announced it, seems the TS-259 Pro+ II is an ancient NAS already:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.qnap.com/solution/container_station/en/
    *Container Station is available from the QTS App Center (QTS 4.2 or above) for x86-based TS-x51, TS-x51+, TS-x51A, TS-x53, TS-x53A, TS-x53B, TBS-453A, TS/TVS-x63, TVS-x70, TVS-x71, TS/SS-x79, TS/TVS-x80, TVS-x82 series, TS-1685, and TDS-16489U, and the ARM-based TS-x28, TS-x31P, TS-x31X, TS-x31+ series and TS-1635 with a minimum of 1GB RAM.
    As a side note, in my opinion Qnap hasn't done so well with the numbering of different model versions
    Last edited by Nautilus; 2017-08-15 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by alnames View Post
    Noticed in the log after failing to install plugin (rather than failing to load):

error: Can't chmod() /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/AIRPLAY.pm: Operation not permitted
    at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/PluginManager.pm line 854.
    Still have the same issue after the update:

[17-08-15 11:23:09.6740] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [11:23:09.6704] error: Can't chmod() /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/AIRPLAY.pm: Operation not permitted
    at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/PluginManager.pm line 854.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I've found the issue, I'll do an update later today
    I can confirm that after update to 0.72.1 plugin loads ok to LMS on piCorePlayer v3.21 Audio.

But... it doesn't work. Airplay devices show up properly, but when streaming to them all I can hear is noise.

Am I the only one to have this issue now? I can try to re-install everything from scratch.

I made many trials, and I don't remember for sure, but I think I simply searched for the latest version of each of the libraries in CPAN, then copying the link of the .tar.gz file and using it as explained in the YouTube_plugin link

I hope this helps, the commands come from the sparse notes I took during my trials, and I'm really no expert of CPAN or Perl. But I should add: Shairtunes2W works like a charm!
    Yes! I can confirm this is working in an excellent manner, based at least on the initial tests. Did not need to do anything else (the Youtube stuff I had already done) than fetch these packages:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/...um-0.08.tar.gz
    http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/...om-0.11.tar.gz
    http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/...SA-0.28.tar.gz

...untar and install as you described. So no issues with the helper app version, rights or anything else for that matter (maybe because the plugin was successfully installed first time now when pretty much everything works?). Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Nautilus; 2017-08-15 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by TroLoo View Post
    I can confirm that after update to 0.72.1 plugin loads ok to LMS on piCorePlayer v3.21 Audio.

But... it doesn't work. Airplay devices show up properly, but when streaming to them all I can hear is noise.

Am I the only one to have this issue now? I can try to re-install everything from scratch.
    I think I figured out my issue. I was using a USB drive to store the Cache and it appears that Shairtunes had a problem writing to it (hence, I'm guessing the chmod error). I moved the Cache to the same sd card hosting LMS and picoreplayer and it installed and works fine.

I did recently change USB cards and I left the vfat formatting. Should I reformat it to something else (like ext4)? Everything else worked fine with the USB card.

My thanks to philippe and my sincerest apologies if I put you to a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TroLoo View Post

Same issue using LMS 7.91 on Odroid XU4 playing to Squeezelite on RPI 2 with IQaudioDAC, players visible but just noise on playback. Reverted to stable version which plays fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Same issue using LMS 7.91 on Odroid XU4 playing to Squeezelite on RPI 2 with IQaudioDAC, players visible but just noise on playback. Reverted to stable version which plays fine.
    I have the same issue using LMS (7.9.1) on RPi3 with pCP (3.22 beta) AlloDAC Piano and latest testing Shairport.
    It shows up on iPAD and seems to be playing, but only very faint noise on playback.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    I have the same issue using LMS (7.9.1) on RPi3 with pCP (3.22 beta) AlloDAC Piano and latest testing Shairport.
    It shows up on iPAD and seems to be playing, but only very faint noise on playback.
    Issue found - Set "use flac" option till I upload a correction
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5