Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB server failing to open web control page

This is a major issue for me.

Two days ago I went to scan new files on my Synology NAS drive using the server located there as an app. For the first time ever the server refused to load the web page, where I can scan and update the library. I stopped, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but this behaviour remained.

All is see is a green page with a revolving circle with the text "Loading Logitech Media Server".
    Name:  sbs.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  43.4 KB

To check an alternative I loaded the server software onto my Windows 10 laptop. Again the web control page refused to open with the same screen.

Edge: same
    IE: same
    Chrome: same problem
    Firefox: will sometimes show the page using the laptop based server but problem like the others when loading from the NAS server.

Also the remote suddenly doesn't work.

Has anyone any idea what might be going on?

Thanks.
    Steve

Would any of the browsers report errors in the javascript console? Did
    you install some kind of security suite which might be blocking access
    to the server or remove "dangerous" javascript?

And don't forget to check the server's server.log file, too. It might
    have some indication as to what is causing problems.

--

Michael

Firewall or other securuty software
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    And don't forget to check the server's server.log file, too. It might
    have some indication as to what is causing problems.

--

Michael
    Hi,

wasnt there a really old Version from LMS that didnt support IE10 and did exactly the same as shown in the Screenshoot?
    @TO: What Version of LMS is running on your NAS?

SB server version is: 7.7.6-112 and is the latest and only available from Synology.

My security suite is Kaspersky Total Security 2017 but this has been running alongside the SB server for a long time. I haven't changed anything. In any event the Windows environment doesn't come into this because the NAS based server (Linux based) connects directly to the SBT without any interaction with a Windows machine.

Oddly this behaviour is replicated on the mentioned Windows browsers with the exception of Firefox with a separate installation of the SB server on my Windows 10 laptop. Wouldn't this tend to suggest that something in the SB server has changed?

The Windows laptop based server is only accessible using http://127.0.0.1:9000/ in Firefox, which accesses the server on the laptop. This doesn't work with other browsers for some reason and not at all with the NAS based SB server.

Can't see anything relevant in the logs.
    Last edited by octafish; 2016-09-19 at 14:47.

> SB server version is: *7.7.6-112 *and is the latest and only available
    > from Synology.

Do they show the build date? I bet it's several months old or more.

> My security suite is Kaspersky Total Security 2017 but this has been
    > running alongside the SB server for a long time. I haven't changed
    > anything.

You did not. But antivirus products change daily, if not more.

> Oddly this behaviour is replicated on the mentioned Windows browsers
    > with the exception of Firefox with a separate installation of the SB
    > server on my Windows 10 laptop. Wouldn't this tend to suggest that
    > something in the SB server has changed?

How could LMS have changed when you didn't update it?

Please try to give the information you've been asked for. It might
    actually help...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by octafish View Post
    SB server version is: 7.7.6-112 and is the latest and only available from Synology.

My security suite is Kaspersky Total Security 2017 but this has been running alongside the SB server for a long time. I haven't changed anything. In any event the Windows environment doesn't come into this because the NAS based server (Linux based) connects directly to the SBT without any interaction with a Windows machine.

Oddly this behaviour is replicated on the mentioned Windows browsers with the exception of Firefox with a separate installation of the SB server on my Windows 10 laptop. Wouldn't this tend to suggest that something in the SB server has changed?

The Windows laptop based server is only accessible using http://127.0.0.1:9000/ in Firefox, which accesses the server on the laptop. This doesn't work with other browsers for some reason and not at all with the NAS based SB server.

Can't see anything relevant in the logs.
    sst has reported the same issue with Kaspersky and Synology here:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=862916

So see if you can change some settings in Kaspersky or white list the url.

You also want to take a look at that thread if you want a more up to date version of LMS.
    Last edited by pinkdot; 2016-09-20 at 03:11.
    -DS718+, RPI 2 (Spotifyd/myMPD), Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i-s
    -LmsUpdate - Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 7.9.2 for Synology.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

... rather than post a new thread...

Much like the OP above - Today I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

I run LMS 7.9..... (can't be sure exactly what version, because I can no longer get into the software). This is on network drive/vortexbox. Now, while I can access the drive itself via chrome, and I can see the tabs for the various apps there, I can't open LMS. I get exactly the same message as posted above.

The LMS is working - it's playing music right now, and I can access music content via squeezepad, but I just can't get LMS to open on the PC.

I'm happy to try and provide any diagnostic info, if I'm pointed in the right direction. I'm guessing this is a setting in the security software, but despite having a good root around I can't find anything. I did find one place to 'allow' URLs, and I entered 192.168.1.74:9000 - but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. Perhaps it's in the wrong place.

(Edit: Curiouser and curiouser - as an update. If I go direct to the 'settings' page of LMS, i.e. "192.168.1.74.9000/settings/index" - then it opens fine, but I can't go backwards, and ...1.74.9000 still won't load.)

Has anyone else had to deal with the Kaspersky security application, and bottomed this out??

Thanks

Donald

(sorry guys, it's always problems that bring me here. I don't necessarily have that many, but when I do..... I wish I was tech-savvy enough to offer advice, but in most instances it's beyond me. I always appreciate the assistance and support that this forum has offered.)
    Last edited by donmacn; 2016-12-02 at 08:53. Reason: more info
    SB user since 2000...
    3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 4 x Classic; 1 x Controller
    Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
    Vortexbox/Nova appliance running LMS version 7.9