Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Just run the LMS update from the web interface
    Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    Update didn't seem to do anything, but removing it and reinstalling has fixed it - all working again and no errors now.
    Web update doesn't do anything here either.

Quote Originally Posted by spt58 View Post
    Hi Ralphy, I tried both versions but still get skips/pops related to this skip ahead entry in log I think
    Thank you for testing both builds.

I was concerned that a change I made in April to fix the slimprotocol status messages was the cause but your results indicate it is not.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Thank you for testing both builds.

I was concerned that a change I made in April to fix the slimprotocol status messages was the cause but your results indicate it is not.
    Hi ralphy,

I'm actually seeing improved performance with v1.8.4-785 versus v1.8.4-762 on a RPi3 with piCorePlayer v3.01 loaded. During my last test I saw and heard no skips with v1.8.4-785, except for one at the beginning of playback that I assume is related to getting all 7 RPi's synchronized. Total playback time was 3:49 minutes. With v1.8.4-762, there were 11 skips captured in the log over 1:45 minutes of playback. The skips were rather small and most were inaudible. To minimize variation between runs, the only thing I'm changing is the SD card in one of the 7 RPi's. The other 6 RPi's have piCorePlayer v2.05 loaded with Squeezelite v1.8.4-720.

To eliminate network issues as the cause, I had my router's network monitor up and it showed connection rates to all of the RPi's of 300-450Mbps.

Which version of Squeezelite included the April fix you mention above? Was it in the version included with pCP 2.06. That's where I started experiencing problems.

- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jags View Post
    I am huge fan and first of all thank you!
    I just received the new -beta- HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro board.
    Seems like the kernel needs an update in order to run this board properly. "upgrade the Linux kernel using command line tools (we will provide the commands)"
    Link to this board https://www.hifiberry.com/2016/08/hi...dio-interface/
    I could not find which kernel it requires specifically.
    Are there any plans to support this board?
    Are there any plans to support Hifiberry new Digi+ Pro board? The kernel version should be at least 4.4.19.
    Last edited by jags; 2016-09-05 at 01:10. Reason: Adding linux Kernel info

Quote Originally Posted by jags View Post
    Are there any plans to support Hifiberry new Digi+ Pro board? The kernel version should be at least 4.4.19.
    Paul did answer that question in post #186
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheHerbie View Post
    Hi ralphy,

I'm actually seeing improved performance with v1.8.4-785 versus v1.8.4-762 on a RPi3 with piCorePlayer v3.01 loaded. During my last test I saw and heard no skips with v1.8.4-785, except for one at the beginning of playback that I assume is related to getting all 7 RPi's synchronized. Total playback time was 3:49 minutes. With v1.8.4-762, there were 11 skips captured in the log over 1:45 minutes of playback. The skips were rather small and most were inaudible. To minimize variation between runs, the only thing I'm changing is the SD card in one of the 7 RPi's. The other 6 RPi's have piCorePlayer v2.05 loaded with Squeezelite v1.8.4-720.

To eliminate network issues as the cause, I had my router's network monitor up and it showed connection rates to all of the RPi's of 300-450Mbps.

Which version of Squeezelite included the April fix you mention above? Was it in the version included with pCP 2.06. That's where I started experiencing problems.

- Mike
    Hi Mike,

piCorePlayer 2.05 includes 1.8.4-720.
    piCoreplayer 2.06 includes 1.8.4-737.

Thank you for trying the test builds from the beta files area.

1.8.4-726-785M does NOT include the april fix, slimprotocol is the same as 1.8.4-720 but using the system libraries included with picoreplayer 3.x

1.8.4-785 includes all changes, rebuilt with the system libraries included with pcp 3.x

I agree that the drop outs at the start of playback is most likely related to getting everything in sync.

Since 1.8.4-785 includes the change it suggests something else is causing the problem.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Installing NTFS support for LMS

Hello.

I took a clean install of piCorePlayer v3.01 yesterday and I got LMS running with a 32GB USB stick with FAT file system but I'd like to use an external hard drive with NTFS for more FLAC storage.

When I try and get NTFS support by clicking the Install button on the LMS page, I get:

[ INFO ] Downloading: ntfs-3g.tcz Error on ntfs-3g.tcz 1

[ INFO ] Loadingntfs-3g.tcz not found! 1

[ INFO ] NTFS Support Loaded...

If I click the Extensions button on the Main Page, I'm told that Internet is accessible but piCore repository not accessible!! and there are (obviously) no available extensions.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks, Ian.

Announce: piCorePlayer 3.00

Quote Originally Posted by elision View Post

See my similar query a few posts ago and the reply saying that will need significant update to get this working.
    My solution for now was to go back to 2.x
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by elision View Post
    Hello.

I took a clean install of piCorePlayer v3.01 yesterday and I got LMS running with a 32GB USB stick with FAT file system but I'd like to use an external hard drive with NTFS for more FLAC storage.

When I try and get NTFS support by clicking the Install button on the LMS page, I get:

[ INFO ] Loadingntfs-3g.tcz not found! 1

[ INFO ] NTFS Support Loaded...

If I click the Extensions button on the Main Page, I'm told that Internet is accessible but piCore repository not accessible!! and there are (obviously) no available extensions.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks, Ian.
    Yes it appears as if the main TC repo is down. Hopefully they get it resolved soon.

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index...html#msg126336

Installing NTFS support for LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    See my similar query a few posts ago and the reply saying that will need significant update to get this working.
    My solution for now was to go back to 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes it appears as if the main TC repo is down. Hopefully they get it resolved soon.

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index...html#msg126336
    Thanks, Pauls!

I took 2.06 and all's well with the world.