Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,136 of 1136
    hi FAF,

Obviously this should be a "no brainer" and I can't see a problem with what you have done.

Mine current HDDs always work. Are you using a Powered USB HDD? I had a problem once where the drive would sometimes mount properly but often mount "readonly". I moved on to a different HDD assuming that the RPi I was using at the time wasn't supplying enough current to spin up this non-powered USB HDD reliably.

Hopefully someone comes sees something I may have missed.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Obviously this should be a "no brainer" and I can't see a problem with what you have done.
    regards
    Greg
    Hi Greg

Thx. Yeah.. will pop in another HDD tomorrow. The USB-HDD is powered though, I use a notebook supply 3.16A to power the unit (x800).

I will test a new HDD tomorrow. It does not make any sense. Could be that the HDD is a dud.

Thank you for your answer.

/FAF

Quote Originally Posted by FAF View Post
    I will test a new HDD tomorrow. It does not make any sense. Could be that the HDD is a dud.
    /FAF
    SOLVED!

Hi again. I changed the HDD with another one and it works as intended. The HDD-ext4 is now mounting as it should.

LMS is scanning now.

Thank you for this wonderful brainchild!

Btw; Squeezebox v3 still sound good here. Just a pleasure when things are build to last

cya

/FAF
    Last edited by FAF; 2018-12-04 at 10:37.

Add multichannel support for BCM2375

Dear Greg and all,

First of all, thank you for making piCorePlayer such a great player. I tried other audioplayers on my Raspberry Pi, but this one beats them in terms of stability and speed!

Recently I bought a X6000K-7.1CH to for a multi-room audio from piCorePlayer. Seems like a great card with 8 outputs. http://www.suptronics.com/miniPCkits/x6000-7.1ch.html

I would like to send 8 channels over HDMI to the X6000, but the current implementation of BCM2835 limits the number of channels that can be send over HDMI to 2. The BCM2835 would need to be patched as follows: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux...bb3d10f18f37dd

Note that the change that I refer to contains additional commits, but according to what I read, this is the minimum needed to get 8 channels to work.

How could I apply this change?

Thanks!
    Last edited by spyder; 2018-12-19 at 01:20. Reason: Added URLs

Asset UPnP on QNAP - Audio format streaming - FLAC to WAV

Hi

I've got Asset R6.1 running on my QNAP NAS.

I've got my CD's ripped and saved as FLAC files.

I wanted to test whether playback sounded better letting Asset send FLAC files as they are stored or whether converting them to WAV first before serving them up to my UPnP renderer was best, or if it made no difference.

So to start with I went to the Asset Configure page and down to "Audio format streaming", and changed FLAC from "as is" to "as WAV".

Using foobar2000 with a UPnP browser plugin on my PC I can play the files from Asset fine - and in the File Properties I can see File names like "d-8065562640914796164-co0B0B406D4D608D17.forced.wav" with the PCM codec etc. And they play fine.

However on my Logitech Media Server running on a Raspberry Pi (running piCorePlayer) - I can see the Asset files in my Remote Music Library (UPnP renderer) and add them to the playlist of a Squeezelite player (another Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer), but they won't play at all.

Has anyone ever tried to do the same, and either had the same issue or found a way around it?
    Any suggestions for fixing this issue please?

Regards,
    David

@ttarpd
    @spyder

This is a old thread now.
    Best to ask your questions in the 4.0 thread
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |