Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • praganj
    • Oct 2010

Setting DSP filter on DAC+ Pro ?

In the advanced options for DAC+ Pro they are five DSP filters avialable.

How can i save the filter settings ?

I choose the filter, than backup, reboot and there is again a standard filter (FIR interpolation with de-emphasis) in the settings ?

Comment

• Linvincible
      • Aug 2014

trying Hifiberry Digi+pro

Hello,

I am trying the Hifiberry Digi+pro, after the Kali couldn't issue a stable signal.
      This time when selecting the propoer driver "Hifiberry Digi+pro" squeezelite doesn't restart.
      I rebooted many times, tried to change the settings back and forth between Hifiberry DAC Light+ and Hifiberry Digi+pro and it didn't help.
      Squeezelite will restart fine when using Hifiberry DAC Light+, but then the Digi+pro is totally ignored and output signal on I2S connector (P6) is the same as the one from the Pi...

Has anyone here tested the Digi+pro with Pcp 3.11?

Regards,

Charles
      Main system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Bricasti M1 DAC -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.
      Office system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Raspberry pi with Rooopi -> Burson Audio Conductor V2+ -> Hifiman Edition X
      Remote system: LMS on Syno 415+ -> piCorePlayer with Audiophonics DAC -> Monitor Audio Silver 100

Comment

• Bas Horneman
        • May 2007

--Has anyone here tested the Digi+pro with Pcp 3.11?
        Yes. No problem. Installed it last weekend. Connected it via i2s to my DDDAC1794. I'll have a look this evening to see how I configured it.

PS. I downloaded the The Audio optimized version of pCP3.11 version.

What do you have in the "Output settings" a few fields below the dropdown selection list?
        Last edited by Bas Horneman; 2017-03-14, 13:15.
        Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Comment

• Tex
          • May 2009

No Problem

I installed it about 2 weeks ago and it runs fine. I am also running the Audio Optimized version.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tex; 2017-03-14, 15:07.
          Raspberry Pi 4B, piCorePlayer 8.2.0-64 Bit
          LMS 8.3.1, WD usb drive for Music files
          (2) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) SB3
          QLogitechMediaServer on QNAP TS-853a

Comment

• sbp
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by praganj
            In the advanced options for DAC+ Pro they are five DSP filters avialable.

How can i save the filter settings ?

I choose the filter, than backup, reboot and there is again a standard filter (FIR interpolation with de-emphasis) in the settings ?
            Sorry, but for now you need to use the test button first, then backup. It is fixed in the next version
            piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
            Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Comment

• steves999
              • Oct 2014

Hi,
              First of all - thanks for all the help and dev work that goes on here....I've learnt more than I ever thought I wanted to know!

After lots of googling and tweaking, I've got pcp 3.11 (audio) running on a zero wireless connected USB to a Chord Mojo DAC. It all works at rates up to 24/192 (I don't have any DSD to test with). However, I like others still have the vinyl-like crackle on playback. I've tweaked the ALSA buffer settings etc to no avail. Am I right in thinking that this might be a kernel issue that is on the to-do list?
              Last edited by steves999; 2017-03-15, 15:09.

Comment

• Linvincible
                • Aug 2014

thanks, and thanks Tex also.
                I'll reinstall a fresh copy and retest!

Originally posted by Bas Horneman
                --Has anyone here tested the Digi+pro with Pcp 3.11?
                Yes. No problem. Installed it last weekend. Connected it via i2s to my DDDAC1794. I'll have a look this evening to see how I configured it.

PS. I downloaded the The Audio optimized version of pCP3.11 version.

What do you have in the "Output settings" a few fields below the dropdown selection list?
                Main system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Bricasti M1 DAC -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.
                Office system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Raspberry pi with Rooopi -> Burson Audio Conductor V2+ -> Hifiman Edition X
                Remote system: LMS on Syno 415+ -> piCorePlayer with Audiophonics DAC -> Monitor Audio Silver 100

Comment

• Mr Underhill
                  • Feb 2017

Shares

Hi,

Bought a PI 3 and loaded up piCore yesterday, very good, thank you.

I am using it purely as an LMS server >> Sonore microRendu (mR), the mR hosting Squeezelite.

I am connecting three USB plus a NAS SMB share. This can all be achieved from the command line, but is lost if a reboot the piCore.

Is there a way to configure this so that it is not lost?

I can edit fstab, BUT on reboot I lose any non-standard directories I have created.

Thanks,

M

Comment

• paul-
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Mr Underhill
                    Hi,

Bought a PI 3 and loaded up piCore yesterday, very good, thank you.

I am using it purely as an LMS server >> Sonore microRendu (mR), the mR hosting Squeezelite.

I am connecting three USB plus a NAS SMB share. This can all be achieved from the command line, but is lost if a reboot the piCore.

Is there a way to configure this so that it is not lost?

I can edit fstab, BUT on reboot I lose any non-standard directories I have created.

Thanks,

M

The file system is read only, fstab is created at boot. THe SMB share can be configured via the pCP web interface, otherwise you need to put all of your commands in /opt/bootlocal.sh and then backup your changes by running "pcp bu"
                    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
                    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• steves999
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by steves999
                      Hi,
                      First of all - thanks for all the help and dev work that goes on here....I've learnt more than I ever thought I wanted to know!

After lots of googling and tweaking, I've got pcp 3.11 (audio) running on a zero wireless connected USB to a Chord Mojo DAC. It all works at rates up to 24/192 (I don't have any DSD to test with). However, I like others still have the vinyl-like crackle on playback. I've tweaked the ALSA buffer settings etc to no avail. Am I right in thinking that this might be a kernel issue that is on the to-do list?

Sorted my own issue! Tried again with vanilla 3.11 and all's good!

Comment

• Mr Underhill
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by paul-
                        The file system is read only, fstab is created at boot. THe SMB share can be configured via the pCP web interface, otherwise you need to put all of your commands in /opt/bootlocal.sh and then backup your changes by running "pcp bu"
                        Excellent, thank you.

M

Comment

• Bas Horneman
                          • May 2007

However, I like others still have the vinyl-like crackle on playback
                          I get that when I use ethernet. Goes away when using a wifi dongle. So it must be noise induced by a network cable.
                          Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Comment

• steves999
                            • Oct 2014

I get that when I use ethernet. Goes away when using a wifi dongle. So it must be noise induced by a network cable.
                            I was getting it with a Pi Zero w, so no ethernet, just the on board wifi.... Changing from the audio to vanilla version of 3.11 cured it....

Also, for me the crackle was only present when music was playing....

Comment

• Bas Horneman
                              • May 2007

I was getting it with a Pi Zero w, so no etherne
                              Ok...so different issue here. Mine was more noise as the music starts playing.

Comment

• Julf
                                • Dec 2010

Ok...so different issue here. Mine was more noise as the music starts playing.
                                So you only get it when you start playing, not continuously? Is your ethernet UTP of STP?
                                "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

Working...