Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1149
    Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    slimmer is what your looking for
    20x4, 20x2 or 16x2 lcd with a rotary encoder and a couple of buttons
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...nounce-Slimmer
    That's exactly what I originally wanted to create but how I've ended up designing my multiroom setup means the pi's are a considerable distance from where I will be when controlling them. So I either need to extend the pins by about 10 meters and run them through multiple walls, or go wireless.
    I think I can make the controls work using a wireless keyboard, but no idea how to do a display

Not sure if wireless is a necessity ? but if wired is an option you could run two Pis in sync
    if wireless is a requirement you could still do what Paul has suggested and run Jivelite, but i dont know how youd go for a display at that point in time ?
    other than that i'm no more help
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
    Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot. You need to add some delay. On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen. Increase the value of waitusb
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-x-x-Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    Not sure if wireless is a necessity ? but if wired is an option you could run two Pis in sync
    if wireless is a requirement you could still do what Paul has suggested and run Jivelite, but i dont know how youd go for a display at that point in time ?
    other than that i'm no more help
    Thanks. I've kind of done away with the idea of having a display but would still like to make a controller based on a wireless keyboard but I'm struggling to track down any info on what keys are used within jivelite and how to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by ryangodammit View Post
    I'm struggling to track down any info on what keys are used within jivelite and how to change them.
    See other recent thread - I have replied with links.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

5" Touchscreen Offset Problem

Hello everybody,
    I am using a RPi 3 with an i-Sabre DAC from Audiophonics and a 5" 800x480 capacitive Touchscreen I found on Amazon.
    Everything works like a charm thanks to the great system you put together in piCorePlayer.
    The only thing that does not work is the alignment in the touch function... the mouse is nowhere near my finger in Jivelite.
    When I load Rasbian though, alignment is perfect.
    This is the Touchscreen I use: wiki.52pi.com/index.php/5-Inch-800x480-Capacitive-Touch-Screen_SKU:_EP-0081
    You have to edit /boot/config.txt to get the resolution right, which I did successfully.
    They are talking about a shellscript and drivers on the page which I wasn't able to load because I wouldn't know how to do that in TCE.
    I would really appreciate any help with the touchscreen function.
    Thanks so much in advance.
    JM

Using LMS only with a Squeezebox Classic on Pi Zero - cannot play WMAL

Thanks for awesome work on this project.

I am trying to use the PiCorePlayer as just a LMS with a Raspberry Pi Zero W, which my Squeezebox classic connects to.
    I've set everything else up perfectly and easily due to the great instructions (thanks!) except playing wmal files.

1. LMS with Squeezebox

I've spent all day trying, I can play:

mp3
    wav
    mpeg-4
    wma

BUT, cannot play
    wmal (wma lossless)

get this error:
    Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for wmal playback for [file name]

Unfortunately 75% of music collection (27,000 songs) is wmal.

I've read it's a windows codec for WMAL, so is it simply the case you cannot play WMAL files in LMS?

2. Just to check, I tried the built-in Squeezelite Player and it does play WMAL all be it with juddering and hissing (hdmi out)

3. I don't know if this what I'm missing, but I tried to load the extension ffmpeg.tcz but it failed with this message:
    Downloading: expat2.tcz
    Error on expat2.tcz

4. I loaded the extension ffmpeg-doc.tcz and restarted but didn't seem to do anything.

An help would be appreciated. All I'm looking to do is for LMS to work with my Squeezebox Classic playing WMAL files (I don't need a player on the Pi),

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by shaunm; 2018-02-21 at 09:09.

Likely the filesystem is running out of space when downloading expat2. Have you expanded your filesystem?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Likely the filesystem is running out of space when downloading expat2. Have you expanded your filesystem?
    Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, yes have expanded the filesystem:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 14.3G 182.4M 13.6G 1% /mnt/mmcblk0p2

I should have picked this up the first time.

Download pcp-ffmpeg.tcz from the picoreplayer sourceforge repo.

Squeezebox classic does not support WMA lossless so it needs a trasnscoder for the WMA Lossless filetype "wmal". The default LMS transcode is wmadec which is a Windows only application.

Unless pcp supplies a custom-convert.conf file with filetype wmal set up to use ffmpeg instead of wmadec - it will need to be added to the pcp based LMS. The error "Couldn't create command line for wmal playback for [file name]" relates to the missing transcoder set up for the "wmal" filetype in convert.conf and any custom-convert.conf file.